Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Order of Queued messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order of Queued messages

Does Mirth care about what order it picks up and sends queued messages.

For our system it is vitally important that Mirth processes queued messages FIFO.

But it appears that Mirth will process queued messages LIFO or even randomly even though there is a clear time difference in the stored (queued) messages.

Does anyone know how I can make Mirth process queued messages in the time order they were stored?

Thanks
    Robin

Re:Order of Queued messages

It has always been FIFO. In 1.7.1 and below, there were some issues with queuing, so your problem may be a result of one of those issues. But, queuing was redone for 1.8 because of all of the problems with the old implementation.

Either wait for 1.8, or I'd be happy to give you access to a 1.8 beta build file where you can try out the new queuing. Just contact me at my username at webreachinc.com.
    Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

In case anyone cares, here is the URL to download the beta of Mirth 1.8 with the new queuing. ftp://ftp.webreachinc.com/pub/mirth/...1.8.0.3632.zip

Please contact me with any problems you encounter or features you'd like to see for queuing if you try the beta out.
      Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Brendan, do you have any kind of guidance on when 1.8 might be coming out? I know you're not going to give a hard date (I sure wouldn't... ;-) ) but are we talking days, weeks, months... There are some features of 1.8 that we'd like to use, so we'd like to have an idea if there's a chance that 1.8 will hit the press before we have to launch the system. TIA for any help.

Comment

cessnadav wrote:
          Brendan, do you have any kind of guidance on when 1.8 might be coming out? I know you're not going to give a hard date (I sure wouldn't... ;-) ) but are we talking days, weeks, months... There are some features of 1.8 that we'd like to use, so we'd like to have an idea if there's a chance that 1.8 will hit the press before we have to launch the system. TIA for any help.
          We're certainly not talking days or probably even weeks. The time frame is more likely one month or longer. That's not to say we won't release a beta before then...
          Jacob Brauer
          Director, Software Development
          NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Just an update on this ordering of messages sent problem and what I have found out.
            Mirth V1.7

We send SUI messages, an S15 followed by an S12 and the order is critical. I've had to wrap a tranasaction around the way we send these messages so as Mirth only processes a single message at a time. That way we can control and make sure Mirth sends our messages in the correct order.

However we use persistent queues (when the receiving application is down) and I had a concern about how Mirth processes queued messages. I thought it was picking them up in the wrong order but Brendan was correct, Mirth does pick up the messages in a FIFO order which is what we require.

However the problem is because Mirth can pick these messages up correctly in a group of 20 or more at one go it does NOT SEND them in the order it picked them up and therefore our receiving application gets them in a completely random order and thus fails. (e.g. we get a S15 cancellation message before an appointment has been made S12 so it fails)

I cannot control Mirth or slow down Mirth in picking up from the queue that I can see.

Has anyone else had this critical ordering of messages problem?

Is there any way of controlling the order that Mirth SENDS messages ??

Many thanks for any help
            Robin

Comment

I also had the same problem this week with our scheduling messages.
              To fix this I checked "synchronize channel" on the Summary tab on my source channel and channel reader (destination). (I'm using a channel reader/writer because this channel sends to many destinations and I want each to be independant in case I have to resend messages.) After deploying and actively watching for a day the msgs are now coming in the correct order. Hope this helps. B)

Comment

Ronny - I think you could be a star.

I set my sending channel to 'synchronize channel' and also the receiving channel which in my test bed is Mirth on another workstation.
                And at last the queued messages appeared in the right order in the receiving channel.

The production receiving application isn't Mirth but I'm hoping this will have fixed the order of queued messages here as well.

Many thanks for posting your finding.

Cheers Robin:woohoo:

Comment

Same problem with MIRTH 3.6.1

I have a channel that sends to a non-MIRTH reciever.
                  When there are many messages at the same to send, i see that MIRTH sends multiple records in the correct order.
                  But the recieving device isn't responding in the right order, because for some messages it takes more time to process.
                  They say i must wait for an ACK to send the next message, and not send another message before i've had an ACK.
                  How do i configure this?
                  MIRTH 3.6.1

Comment

Working...
                  X