• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Mirth for FTP and PDF conversion

I would like to setup Mirth to the following:
    - FTP (get) some files from VMS server - Postscript non-HL7
    - Convert them to PDF
    - FTP (put) them to other servers.

I have begun this setup. However, some general direction/help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you

Re: Using Mirth for FTP and PDF conversion

Mirth does not have an exposed way to convert Postscript to PDF - it currently only allows for HTML->PDF conversion. I will have to check with the developers working on the PDF endpoint, but we might be able to expose the Postscript to PDF engine on the PDF writer in the 1.4 release. Besides that, everything else should be doable, although you will probably have to wrap the postscript data in XML tags, i.e.:

<postscript>
    <!--- CDATA Here with Postscript data ---!>
    </postscript>

That would be done in the preprocessor. In 1.3.x you would need an inbound channel. In 1.4 you will need a channel with XML as the inbound protocol.

-Chris
    Chris Lang

Comment

Is this possible in 3.0?

Comment

There is not currently anything in Mirth Connect that auto-magically converts PS files to PDFs. However it should be possible even in 2.x, by using an external library like Ghost4J.
        Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
        Work: 949-237-6069
        Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
        - You just bar.

Comment

Originally posted by narupley View Post
          There is not currently anything in Mirth Connect that auto-magically converts PS files to PDFs. However it should be possible even in 2.x, by using an external library like Ghost4J.
          For version 3.3.1.7856 - is there any update for postscript to PDF on a mirth appliance?
          Mirth Certified

Comment

Working...
          X