Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mac OS X 10.15.2 Catalina. Can't install Nextgen Connect 3.8.1 (Must be root)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac OS X 10.15.2 Catalina. Can't install Nextgen Connect 3.8.1 (Must be root)

When I (and administrator of my computer and master of my domain) try to install nextgen connect 3.8.1 on my MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.2 i get and error dialog box that says, "You must be logged in as root when installing this program".

I enabled root"How to enable the root user on your mac or change root password

I was able to login as root but then when I run the package it says it's not from a signed developer. I tried to open system preference, security and allow it anyway, but as root I am not able to do that.

Surely NextGen has tested this on Catalina and know of this issue????

I've been told I can use a tar ball, but I do not know where to untar the tarball and if that will be all I need to do to update.

Help?

I am experiencing the same issue on 10.15.2.

I downloaded the tar.gz file in the Downloads page, and after I unzipped the file, I get a folder with contents in it. Not sure where to go from here.

Comment

Hello there, just noting that I am also seeing this issue.

MacOS Catalina 10.15.5
      Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 2.33.48 PM.png
      I couldn't find a JIRA ticket, or any discussion besides this thread.

Comment

In general I never use the installer. If you want to use the installer one way is to open a terminal session and:

Code:
        sudo su -
        cd <the directory where the installer is>
        ./<the installer name>

You must have java already installed

Not using the installer:

Download the tar.gz file and extract it somewhere that you have permissions (e.g. your home directory for example). You can do that in the terminal session with:
        Code:
        tar -zxvf <name of the tar.gz file>
        Open a terminal session and you can start Mirth with:

Code:
        <path to extract>/Mirth Connect/mcservice start

Mirth 3.8.0 / PostgreSQL 11 / Ubuntu 18.04
        Diridium Technologies, Inc.
        https://diridium.com

Comment

I should note that running Mirth as root is bad practice also.
          Mirth 3.8.0 / PostgreSQL 11 / Ubuntu 18.04
          Diridium Technologies, Inc.
          https://diridium.com

Comment

Originally posted by pacmano View Post
            I should note that running Mirth as root is bad practice also.
            Hello and thanks for the response. I'm now realizing that this thread was created for a problem installing mirth connect itself, whereas I am having an issue installing the separate "Administrator Launcher" program. I will make a separate thread for that separate issue. Edit: anyone else that comes here looking for administrator launcher help, there is a thread for that here: https://forums.mirthproject.io/forum...r-1-1-0-macosx
            Last edited by aduane; 06-22-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X