Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Access to Raw HL7 Formatted Data from Javascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to Raw HL7 Formatted Data from Javascript

Hi All!

I continue to pound my head against the brick wall in my quest to figure out a way to match incoming IN1 segments with optional child IN2 segments. My current experiment is very promising but I am stuck at the following place:

Is there a Mirth variable available from javascript that will return the raw hl7 coded inbound data? Basically I want to do something like var myvar = ${message.rawData} from javascript and have the variable "myvar" contain the actual raw hl7 inbound message, NOT an XML representation of the message. Please also note that the incoming data that I'll be working with, while hl7 formatted, is NOT "standard", AAU-approved HL7 and will fail the strict parser.

${message.rawData} doesn't work in (i.e., isn't available from) a javascript step and all the other built in variables that are accessible to javascript seem to return the XML representation of the message.

If such a variable does not exist does anyone have javascript code they use that will render it?

As always I'll be forever in your debt for a solution to this dilemma.

Bob D.
    Bob Dilworth
    University of Toledo Medical Center
    Toledo, Ohio

Re:Access to Raw HL7 Formatted Data from Javascript

OK - never mind.

I found what I was looking for.

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :S
    Bob Dilworth
    University of Toledo Medical Center
    Toledo, Ohio

Comment

To anyone who (like me) ends up here looking for the same thing only to find OP didn't post the answer, here's one way to do this:

Code:
      connectorMessage.getRawData()
      (Thanks to the Mirth IRC channel)
      Last edited by ohollarens; 06-09-2015, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X