Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Peeking Ahead in the Inbound Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peeking Ahead in the Inbound Message

Hi Again All!

I'm still struggling mightily with my IN1/IN2 problem and was wondering about the following functionality in Mirth ...

Is there a way to "peek" ahead to the next segment to at least tell what the segment name is? In other words suppose you're in the midst of processing an IN1 segment from the inbound message. Is there a way to look ahead to the next segment in line in the inbound message and determine what the segment name is? In other words is there some sort of "msg.getNextSegment()" function?

Bob D.
    Bob Dilworth
    University of Toledo Medical Center
    Toledo, Ohio

Re:Peeking Ahead in the Inbound Message

Bdillworth, think perl. You can split up the message in the preprocessor. I hope the attached file works. This preprocessor splits the messages into an array of segments. I?m doing this to standardize my ADT messages into one format. If there are any missing fields, I add a blank field. It has been working fine.

Maybe this will help.

MirthSplit.txt (7185 bytes)

Comment

Re:Peeking Ahead in the Inbound Message

Jimhotep wrote:
      Bdillworth, think perl. You can split up the message in the preprocessor. I hope the attached file works. This preprocessor splits the messages into an array of segments. I?m doing this to standardize my ADT messages into one format. If there are any missing fields, I add a blank field. It has been working fine.

Maybe this will help.
      Wow! Thanks Jim! I'll take a good look at the code, play around with it, and see if it'll work for me.

Cool!!!!!

Bob D.
      Bob Dilworth
      University of Toledo Medical Center
      Toledo, Ohio

Comment

Working...
      X