• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still have the error: StreamException:

Hi,

Version: 3.5.2
    Operating System: Centos 7
    Database: MYSQLDB on server

Sometimes my CPU goes up to 100% and when I look in mirth.log I always have the error:
    com.mirth.connect.model.converters.ObjectXMLSerial izer: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException: : null
    ERROR 2019-09-26 07:03:05,077 [qtp648443465-8415637] org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responde r: An I/O error has occurred while writing a response message entity to the container output stream.
    org.glassfish.jersey.server.internal.process.Mappa bleException: com.mirth.connect.donkey.util.xstream.SerializerEx ception: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException: : null

Identical to this subject: http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/i...wse/MIRTH-4185

I do not understand the cause or the resolution, can you help me?

Thx

Most likely what's happening is that a user is submitting a long running search (causing CPU to spike,) and they kill their client before it finishes (causing the exception in the log.)

Comment

Hello,

I have had the same problem and the cpu of my VM is still stuck at 100%, I always find the same error in my logs

ERROR 2019-11-04 08:47:04,368 [qtp1339845629-8078417] com.mirth.connect.model.converters.ObjectXMLSerial izer: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException: : null
      ERROR 2019-11-04 08:47:04,369 [qtp1339845629-8078417] org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responde r: An I/O error has occurred while writing a response message entity to the container output stream.
      org.glassfish.jersey.server.internal.process.Mappa bleException: com.mirth.connect.donkey.util.xstream.SerializerEx ception: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException: : null
      at org.glassfish.jersey.server.internal.MappableExcep tionWrapperInterceptor.aroundWriteTo(MappableExcep tionWrapperInterceptor.java:92)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.WriterInterc eptorExecutor.proceed(WriterInterceptorExecutor.ja va:162)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.MessageBodyF actory.writeTo(MessageBodyFactory.java:1130)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responde r.writeResponse(ServerRuntime.java:711)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responde r.processResponse(ServerRuntime.java:444)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responde r.process(ServerRuntime.java:434)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$2.run(Se rverRuntime.java:329)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors .java:271)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors .java:267)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Error s.java:315)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Error s.java:297)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Error s.java:267)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.process.internal.RequestScope .runInScope(RequestScope.java:317)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime.process( ServerRuntime.java:305)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ApplicationHandler.han dle(ApplicationHandler.java:1154)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.serviceI mpl(WebComponent.java:471)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.service( WebComponent.java:425)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.serv ice(ServletContainer.java:383)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.serv ice(ServletContainer.java:336)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.serv ice(ServletContainer.java:223)
      at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:845)
      at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1712)
      at com.mirth.connect.server.MethodFilter.doFilter(Met hodFilter.java:37)
      at

org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.CommittingOu tputStream.flush(CommittingOutputStream.java:292)
      at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.WriterInterc eptorExecutor$UnCloseableOutputStream.flush(Writer InterceptorExecutor.java:304)
      at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implFlush(StreamEncoder.j ava:297)
      at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(StreamEncoder.java: 141)
      at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWrite r.java:229)
      at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.util.QuickWriter.flu sh(QuickWriter.java:75)
      ... 107 more
      Caused by: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
      at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.write0(Native Method)
      at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write(SocketDispatcher .java:47)
      at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.writeFromNativeBuffer(IOUtil.jav a:93)
      at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(IOUtil.java:51)
      at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(SocketChannelIm pl.java:471)
      at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint.flush(Channel EndPoint.java:177)
      ... 130 more
      Do you have any idea because it causes a slowdown in production at different hospitals.

Is there a relationship with this post?
      https://www.mirthcorp.com/community/...wse/MIRTH-4185

Thanks in advance
      Last edited by neotof; 11-04-2019, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Did you read the comments in that issue you linked? Did you read my response from the first time you asked?

Check your mirth event log for the time frame when you think the cpu spike started. Search for events with name get messages by page limit. Check the filter options to see if someone was running a search that might take a long time and cause your cpu to spike.

The error you are posting just means that the web server was trying to respond to a closed connection. It's not causing your cpu to spike.

Comment

Hi,

Can the use of the joy API cause this error message?

If I look in the Mirth event:

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=19/48/ormd.png

The Get Channels is used several times per minute

is it normal to see this in the event

Thanks in advance

Comment

I'm not sure what the joy API is, but if you are calling the RESTful Client API and the client making the call disconnects or there is a network interruption that causes the connection to drop before the server sends a response you will get that error message.

Normally, the client keeps a local cache of the channels so that it does not need to download the entire list every time. Calls are made to POST /channels/_getSummary sending short ChannelHeaders representing the current state of the cache, and the server only sends back full channels for the ones that have changed. That is why when you are in the Administrator the first time you load the channels page it can take a while, but subsequent loads are much faster.

I doubt any of this is related to your cpu spike unless this activity is also abnormally increasing at the same time.

Comment

Working...
            X