Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Synchronous channels in Mirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synchronous channels in Mirth

I have a use case that I am attempting to use Mirth to solve, but it doesn't look like it will work. I need to know if I am just reading the docs wrong, or if I am trying something that isn't going to work in Mirth.

Basically, I am attempting an integration with another hospital system. The other system uses SOAP for its API. I can easily create a channel that accepts a simple HTTP request, and then executes the proper SOAP call. My problem is receiving the results of the SOAP call back to my application. As I read the documentation, the results can be sent to another channel, not transformed and sent as a response to the current channel.

My issue with this, is that I need to receive those results and display them to the user immediately, and then wait for the user to take an action. The easiest way to implement this is with a synchronous API, so that my HTTP request gets the result from the SOAP call (after I have transformed it). If I send the response to another channel, then my assumption is that I cannot have my Java application receive those results on the same thread.

Am I missing something?

Ryan

Re:Synchronous channels in Mirth

You can use a synchonous channel:

HTTP < -- >WS

To do in, in the http source definition choose a Destination in "Response From" ComboBox.

You can pre-define your response form an additional Destination

Comment

Working...
    X