X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triggering HL7-Messages?/Solicited message receipt

Hello everyone,

I have the following situation:

Mirth should receive a message only if the message has been triggered that way:

Step 1.Mirth sends a trigger-message (in my case a QRY message of type ORF^R04) to its communication partner(for example, the message should be sent every 60 seconds).
    Step 2. The communication partner interprets the QRY message and sends an usual HL7-Message to Mirth.

Do you know how to arrange the situation? What connector type should I use? How to configure Mirth so that it sends the query (QRY) message every minute?

Thanks a lot for any idea/advice!

Many greets,

Svetlomir

Re:Triggering HL7-Messages?/Solicited message rece

I didn't try this kind of configuration, but I think your best bet is using a JS source connect (you can trigger it's execution each 60s), and:

* generate the msg from the source connector
    or
    * use a message generator in the transformer step ?

Keep us informed is this works for you!

Comment

Thanks for the reply quimicefa,

it worked when using the "File Reader"-Connector. I got the hl7-query-message-template from a file. But I'm sure it should work if I get the message-template from the Source -> Transformer -> "Message Templates" editor. In this case, is it right, that I should use the JS-message -variable and a timer to send the message every 60 seconds?
      What connector type should I use in this case?

Thanks a lot!

Greets,

Svetlomir

Comment

quimicefa wrote:
        I didn't try this kind of configuration, but I think your best bet is using a JS source connect (you can trigger it's execution each 60s), and:

* generate the msg from the source connector
        or
        * use a message generator in the transformer step ?

Keep us informed is this works for you!
        Hey quimicefa, your advice worked! I used Javascript source connector & put there my ack message as String:
        Code:
        return "MSH|^~\&|HBOC||Infinity||20010324101215||ORF^R04|19264|P|2.3<cr>\nQRD|199809101345|R|I|12345|||||RES|||R<cr>\nQRF|MONITOR||||CU1^Bed3A<cr>"
        And then on the destination tranformer I can edit it like a usual HL7-Message:

Code:
        tmp['QRF']['QRF.1']['QRF.1.1']="Tastatur";
        Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Svetlomir

Comment

Of course it worked ;P

I use the backslash-"r" [the forum is eating the backslash char] string to simulate the 0x0D char between segments.

I have some questions about the channel you're implementing ...
          * where are you sending the response ? I figure out that you are using Mirth to "synthetize" a message sent to another system, and this second system is responding to a third system ? or the response is processed back by Mirth ?
          * can you describe the scenario that requires this kind of tricks ?

See you!

Post edited by: quimicefa, at: 08/04/2008 07:30

Post edited by: quimicefa, at: 08/04/2008 07:31

Post edited by: quimicefa, at: 08/04/2008 08:20

Comment

quimicefa wrote:
            I have some questions about the channel you're implementing ...
            * where are you sending the response ? I figure out that you are using Mirth to "synthetize" a message sent to another system, and this second system is responding to a third system ? or the response is processed back by Mirth ?
            -The response is send back to Mirth where it persists some data from the response message into a DB.
            * can you describe the scenario that requires this kind of tricks ?
            -Mirth "synthetizes" a query message and sends it to its communication partner. The message contains a patient identifying number. After getting the query message, Mirth's communication partner checks this patient identifying number and replies with another message to Mirth, which contains patient's name, patients's adress and so on... Mirth saves all the needed data into the DB.

See you!
            -Bye-bye

Greets,

Svetlomir

Post edited by: Svetlomir Kasabov, at: 08/06/2008 09:01

Comment

Re:Triggering HL7-Messages?/Solicited message receipt

Hi,
              can you export to me channels that recieve a message and response the query results by msg!? I have no idea to do this.
              Thx.

Lorenzo

Comment

Working...
              X