Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

New to Mirth, Trying to setup a channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Mirth, Trying to setup a channel

I'm new to Mirth, but I think it will solve an issue we have of needing to send data we have in a SQL server 2000 db to the Hospital EMR via HL7. I have Mirth 1.7.1 setup and configed to sql server 2000 db server. I am getting ready to create a table in my Mirth db to write the data I need sent in the message from my primary system.

I have setup a channel with a db reader source and will put in the select statement for new entries with an update to change a sent flag when it has sent the message. My destination is the hospital system using TCP sender with the hospital IP and port configured.

I will also need to setup a channel for the ADT feed from the hospital to matchup against their interanal patient IDs. I assume I need to set it up and a TCP listener as source and db writer as destination with it writing to say a patient table to store the patient demographics in. I can then write a trigger on my new db message data table to compare its patient demo to the ADT data and update for the Hospital ID or mark the record if it can?t match.

Where I am having an issue with is taking what I query from the source and transforming it to the approptiate OBR message format. If someone could point me in the right direction as to how to do that, the help would be greatly appreciated. I believe I have found an example of the incoming and how to map it to the database.

Thanks,
    Rob

Re:New to Mirth, Trying to setup a channel

Have the query run and route its response to a "Channel Writer" but set the channel to send to as "none". Then when you look in the logs, the XML stored as the encoded message can be used as the template for incoming data in the destination thaat you really want to use.
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Re:New to Mirth, Trying to setup a channel

Sorry for the delay in replying. That did the trick to get my XML template. Should I setup the channel writer to write to the HL7 format with a channel writer and

msg['patient_name'] = tmp['PID']['PID.5']

or

msg['patient_name'].toString(tmp['PID']['PID.5'])

Thanks for the help.

Rob

Comment

Working...
      X