Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Launcher error - "Error reading Java home directory: ../../../../Plugins/jre.bundle/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launcher error - "Error reading Java home directory: ../../../../Plugins/jre.bundle/C

A teammate of mine got this error from the Launcher in June 2019. A user on Slack reported the same error just this week in August 2019. I am posting here to help the next person that gets the error.

Code:
    Error reading Java home directory: ../../../../Plugins/jre.bundle/Contents/Home/jre
    java.lang.Exception: Error reading Java home directory: ../../../../Plugins/jre.bundle/Contents/Home/jre
    	at com.mirth.connect.client.launcher.L.a(SourceFile:161)
    	at com.mirth.connect.client.launcher.MirthClientLauncher.run(SourceFile:2573)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    For my teammate - the problem was somewhere in a 300+ line .bash_profile. I saved a copy and I have attached it. I did not keep a record of what exact change fixed the problem.

For the other user in slack reported that two entries in their bash profile caused the problem:
    Code:
    cd()
    {
      builtin cd "[email protected]"
      ls -F
    }
    and
    Code:
    export CDPATH=.:~
    The error went away when those entries were commented out or removed from .bash_profile.

It is obvious that the Launcher (or its underlying libraries) is making calls that are impacted by aliases in .bash_profile. It is not quite clear to me how those effect each other though.

I hope this post helps the next person who runs into the issue. A good triage step is to comment out .bash_profile and see if the error goes away.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jbartels; 08-29-2019, 06:03 AM.
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Thank you for this helpful post.

In my case I had the unfortunate alias

function ? () { open dash://$*; }

which broke Mirth Connect Application Launcer (1.1.0).

Comment

Thank you much for sharing it. I have faced similar problem and solved by reverting recent changes in .bashrc and .bash_profile.

Comment

Working...
      X