Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 4.0.1 Released!

Mirth Connect 4.0.1 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. Mirth Connect 4.0.1 is a patch release containing a bug fix which includes fixing a Jetty keystore regression that caused Connect servers using a PKCS12 keystore containing a wildcard certificate and/or a certificate with a SAN to throw an exception on startup. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Mirth Connect Server 4.0.1 + OpenJDK version required for Windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirth Connect Server 4.0.1 + OpenJDK version required for Windows?

Hi,

I've done much digging recently on what supported versions of OpenJDK does Mirth allow, due to the recent license changes with using Oracle Java. There doesn't seem to be much clarity other than the user guide stating that OpenJDK is supported, but doesn't specifically say what version, see below:
    2022-05-05 09_01_00-Mirth Connect by NextGen Healthcare User Guide for version 4.0.png

From this image, it would assume that we could use OpenJDK 11 and greater. Naturally, you would want to pick the latest version to you, which in this instance is OpenJDK 17. However, after installing this version and attempting to start Mirth, it seems Mirth does not like this at all, couldn't start the service etc.

After downgrading the OpenJDK version to 11, all is working well and have had no problem since.

Is there an official statement or requirement from Mirth anywhere, that details specifically the OpenJDK versions that are supported for this current version (4.0.1)? And also, would there be plans to allow OpenJDK 17 or future version to be compatible?

Thanks,
    Ryan

17 will work. Did you apply the vmoptions mentioned in rhe “doc” folder for java 9 and newer?
    Last edited by pacmano; 05-05-2022, 04:33 AM.
    Diridium Technologies, Inc.
    https://diridium.com

Comment

Hi pacmano,

Thanks for your response.

Originally posted by pacmano View Post
      17 will work. Did you apply the vmoptions mentioned in rhe “doc” folder for java 9 and newer?

I don't think I have, if you are referring to this section:

5. Running NextGen Connect in Java 9 or greater

In order to run NextGen Connect in Java 9 or greater, copy the options from docs/mcservice-java9+.vmoptions and append them to either mcserver.vmoptions or mcservice.vmoptions, depending on your deployment. Then restart NextGen Connect.

To run the NextGen Connect Command Line Interface, create a new file named mccommand.vmoptions in the NextGen Connect root directory. Copy all of the options from docs/mcservice-java9+.vmoptions into mccommand.vmoptions and save before launching the Command Line Interface.

If so, I haven't done this and I will try!

Comment

Working...
      X