Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error polling psql db and freeze

Hello everyone,

I'm Jacopo and I'm testing Mirth functionalities.

In last months I've been trying to poll data from cloud PostgreSQL db and produce DICOM in order to generate worklist.
    I'm using Docker image nextgenhealthcare/connect:3.9.0-jdk.

All works fine for weeks, but sometimes the database reader fails with next error and remains freezed in polling until container restarting (I cannot restart/stop/halt only the channel):

ERROR (com.mirth.connect.connectors.jdbc.DatabaseReceive rQuery:207): An error occurred while polling for messages, retrying after 10000 ms...
    org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The connection attempt failed.
    at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openC onnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:272)
    at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnecti on(ConnectionFactory.java:52)
    at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.<init>(PgConnecti on.java:216)
    at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:4 04)
    at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:272)
    at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager .java:677)
    at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager .java:228)
    at com.mirth.connect.connectors.jdbc.DatabaseReceiver Query.initSelectConnection(DatabaseReceiverQuery.j ava:340)
    at com.mirth.connect.connectors.jdbc.DatabaseReceiver Query.poll(DatabaseReceiverQuery.java:171)
    at com.mirth.connect.connectors.jdbc.DatabaseReceiver .poll(DatabaseReceiver.java:134)
    at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.PollConnec torJob.execute(PollConnectorJob.java:49)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:2 13)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run (SimpleThreadPool.java:557)Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
    at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Abstrac tPlainSocketImpl.java:399)
    at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress( AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:242)
    at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractP lainSocketImpl.java:224)
    at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.j ava:403)
    at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:609)
    at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.<init>(PGStream.java: 61)
    at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openC onnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:144)
    ... 12 more

Now, I'm avoiding retries, since channel works periodically.
    I don’t think it is a problem of db reachability because other services continue to work, at least I would like to avoid the polling freeze after fails.

Has this happened to anyone yet?
    Hoping someone can help me to find the reason.

Thank you so much

Jacopo

That is a problem of database reachability.

You can try shelling Into the container and use traditional network tools to attempt to debug connectivity.
    Diridium Technologies, Inc.
    https://diridium.com

Comment

Working...
    X