Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specify which Java version the Mirth service will use in Windows

Hello,
    I have a two different versions of Java installed on my Windows server and I want the Mirth service to use a different version than the default system one.

Is there a way to set this in the config or vmoptions files?

thank you

See this post https://forums.mirthproject.io/forum...-jre-1-8-0_291

Comment

Yeah, I saw that post but I don't want to change the version of Java that the system uses (other applications rely on this) but I want Mirth to use a different version that I have installed.

Comment

The system java is usually specified by JAVA_HOME. Only certain applications (like mirth) will look at the EXE4J_JAVA_HOME variable. Additionally, if you have the service running as a limited user, you should be able to set the variable only for that user instead of system wide.

This is much easier on Linux as you can set the variable only for the service.

Comment

Yeah, Linux would have been better but I didn't have that option.
          It's running as a generic service rather than a user but I'll try it with the EXE4J_JAVA_HOME variable and see what happens.

thx!

Comment

You can of course throw a container or VM on there. Do and then ask for forgiveness .
            Diridium Technologies, Inc.
            https://diridium.com

Comment

Unfortunately, setting the EXE4J_JAVA_HOME didn't seem to work (see screenshot of system variables vs Mirth Connect Manager).
              Any other ideas?

Attached Files

Comment

Try it without the bin folder at the end (use the JAVA_HOME variable right below it as an example.)

Comment

Working...
                X