Fixing "broken" OBX records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing "broken" OBX records

Been trying to figure this out with no luck so far...

A reference lab which will go unnamed has started sending ORU^R01 messages that are occasionally missing the [OBX.3][CE.2] test name. One of the applications that receives these messages requires a non-null value for the test name. Figured I'd fix it with Mirth..

I created a transformer rule that identifies the missing fields, inserts "N/A" in the right place, and logs the repaired OBX segment, but I can't figure out how to actually get it put back into message.transformedData.

var testname;

for each (obx in msg..OBX) {

testname = obx['OBX.3']['CE.2'];

if (testname.length() == 0) {
    logger.info("fix 3");
    obx['OBX.3']['CE.2'] = "n/a";
    logger.info(obx.toString());
    }

}

(Yea, that code does nothing to the message itself - just illustrates what I'm trying to fix.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks - mike

Re: Fixing "broken" OBX records

That actually should work. The transformedData will have the value when the transformer is completed. Your destination should send out the proper message.
    Chris Lang

Comment

Re: Fixing "broken" OBX records

Oh, my....

After looking at things again, it was working after all - I was looking in the wrong place.

I have the channel set as a file writer - the file created was correct - I was just looking at the raw message in the message browser, which wasn't the correct thing to do.... The encoded message in the browser shows the corrected OBX lines.

Duh... I is dumm...

Thanks - mike

Comment

Working...
      X