Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Dependencies between channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependencies between channels

I have two channels and because of technical quirks in the system they query, it is crucial that the two channels do not run at the same time. However, they have the same schedule.

So is there a way to ensure that two channels are not executed in parallell. It would also be nice to specify the ordering.

A simple solution could be to "start" a channel from one and not have the other one deployed or something like that...

Reependencies between channels

Hrm, I don't have specifics but you should be able to use some javascript to query the mirth database and find out whats running and then throw an exception in the current channel and refuse to start.
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

I think I didn't get all your problem: You don't want to get both channels running at the same time, or you want to ensure a start (and stop?) order?

I suppose that if the channel B is flagged with a initial state stopped. And, in the deploy script of the channel A you can put some code to startup the channel B. When you deploy channel with "deploy all" operation, both channels are deployed: B channel with stopped state and A with started state. As soon as channel A starts up, invokes a start operation over channel B.

Another (dirty) way to ensure this is: if your channels are using tcp or other transport that requires listening ports, if you use the same port number on both, then only the first deployed of them is started: the second one gets an exception.

Is this that you want or i didn't understook your question at all ?

Anyway, can you explain the reason or the technical quirks ? perhaps there's a better solution ....

Comment

quimicefa,

I *think* what he's saying is that two channels are mutually exclusive. If one is running then the other one should not be.

I agree though, the root of the problem is that the channels can't run concurrently and that preventing them from starting is just a quick-fix.
        Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
        http://consultzen.com/careers/
        Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
        Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

I can think of a number of reasons why you want to control the workflow more detailed. Mutual exclusion for technical reasons is only one.

In my opinion, Mirth should have at least some workflow/sequencing capabilities.

Comment

Can you explain your scenario, and the reasons that led you to have mutual exclusion ? This may be a interesting feature!

Comment

Working...
            X