Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a destination is retried, does the filter execute again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a destination is retried, does the filter execute again?

I've got two channels that send to two different mllp interfaces. Messages flowing through each channel have a requisition ID. One of the channels should not send the message out if the other channel has already sent a message with the same requisition number.

To do this, we are going to maintain a database with the last weeks worth of requisition numbers. something in each channel will insert a record if it doesn't exist in the db and one of the channels will only send if the record doesn't already exist.

I think the best place to do this is the destination filter as long as I can guarantee that the filter executes even if the destination is retried either automatically or manually. Is that something that Mirth will do, execute the filter on a retry of the destination?

On a manual reprocess, both the source and destination filters will run again.

On a retry from the destination queue, it depends on your queue settings. In the Advanced queue settings, if you enable "regenerate template" and "include filter/transformer" then it will run the filter again when retrying queued messages. By default it will not run the filter a second time.

Comment

Working...
    X