Javascript replace problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javascript replace problem.

I don't seem to be able to use the javascript replace() function.

I try to remove spaces from the start of a string like
    Code:
    Value=Value.replace(/^\s/g, '');
    And I get a big dirty fail

Code:
    ERROR-300: Transformer error
    ERROR MESSAGE:	Error evaluating transformer
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Name is not valid
    	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cursor.validateLocalName(Cursor.java:125)
    	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cursor._insertElementWithText(Cursor.java:1715)
    	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cursor._beginElement(Cursor.java:1689)
    	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cursor.beginElement(Cursor.java:4127)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.xmlimpl.XML.createTextElement(XML.java:217)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.xmlimpl.XML.makeXmlFromString(XML.java:1044)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.xmlimpl.XML.putXMLProperty(XML.java:1309)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.xmlimpl.XML.replace(XML.java:2726)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.xmlimpl.XMLList.replace(XMLList.java:1316)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.xmlimpl.XMLObjectImpl.execIdCall(XMLObjectImpl.java:655)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.IdFunctionObject.call(IdFunctionObject.java:124)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.call2(OptRuntime.java:74)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c361._c13(a245e6d5-a56e-4cb5-bc25-027d205b261f:77)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c361.call(a245e6d5-a56e-4cb5-bc25-027d205b261f)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callName0(OptRuntime.java:106)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c361._c0(a245e6d5-a56e-4cb5-bc25-027d205b261f:108)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall(ContextFactory.java:337)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java:2755)
    	at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c361.exec(a245e6d5-a56e-4cb5-bc25-027d205b261f)
    	at com.webreach.mirth.server.mule.transformers.JavaScriptTransformer.evaluateScript(JavaScriptTransformer.java:393)
    	at com.webreach.mirth.server.mule.transformers.JavaScriptTransformer.transform(JavaScriptTransformer.java:346)
    	at org.mule.transformers.AbstractEventAwareTransformer.doTransform(AbstractEventAwareTransformer.java:48)
    	at org.mule.transformers.AbstractTransformer.transform(AbstractTransformer.java:197)
    	at org.mule.impl.MuleEvent.getTransformedMessage(MuleEvent.java:251)
    	at com.webreach.mirth.server.controllers.MessageObjectController.getMessageObjectFromEvent(MessageObjectController.java:507)
    	at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.email.SmtpMessageDispatcher.doDispatch(SmtpMessageDispatcher.java:90)
    	at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.email.SmtpMessageDispatcher.doSend(SmtpMessageDispatcher.java:145)
    	at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:166)
    	at org.mule.impl.MuleSession.sendEvent(MuleSession.java:191)
    	at org.mule.impl.MuleSession.sendEvent(MuleSession.java:130)
    	at org.mule.routing.outbound.AbstractOutboundRouter.send(AbstractOutboundRouter.java:85)
    	at org.mule.routing.outbound.FilteringMulticastingRouter.route(FilteringMulticastingRouter.java:89)
    	at org.mule.routing.outbound.OutboundMessageRouter$1.doInTransaction(OutboundMessageRouter.java:78)
    	at org.mule.transaction.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:48)
    	at org.mule.routing.outbound.OutboundMessageRouter.route(OutboundMessageRouter.java:82)
    	at org.mule.impl.model.DefaultMuleProxy.onCall(DefaultMuleProxy.java:247)
    	at org.mule.impl.model.seda.SedaComponent.doSend(SedaComponent.java:209)
    	at org.mule.impl.model.AbstractComponent.sendEvent(AbstractComponent.java:277)
    	at org.mule.impl.MuleSession.sendEvent(MuleSession.java:201)
    	at org.mule.routing.inbound.InboundMessageRouter.send(InboundMessageRouter.java:161)
    	at org.mule.routing.inbound.InboundMessageRouter.route(InboundMessageRouter.java:128)
    	at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver$DefaultInternalMessageListener.onMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:493)
    	at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:272)
    	at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:231)
    	at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.file.FileMessageReceiver.processFile(FileMessageReceiver.java:236)
    	at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.file.FileMessageReceiver.poll(FileMessageReceiver.java:138)
    	at org.mule.providers.PollingMessageReceiver.run(PollingMessageReceiver.java:118)
    	at org.mule.impl.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext.java:290)
    	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
    	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Can anyone shed some light - of give me another way to trim strings?

Re:Javascript replace problem.

It looks like the "Value" variable isn't properly declared. Perhaps are you getting it from a Mapping transformer step ?

Can you post the whole code o channel export ?

Comment

Solution?

Did anyone find a solution to this, I'm having the exact same problem when I try to do it too:

function Trim(sValue)
      {
      return sValue.replace(/^\s*([\S\s]*?)\s*$/, '$1');
      }

Comment

I think I figured it out

I beleive in some cases you need to call .toString() on your value before calling the replace method on it.

Comment

jerchap is correct. Call the .toString() when you are initially setting your variable and that seems to fix the issue.

Comment

Working...
          X