Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASTM custom plugin design (plugin developement guidance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASTM custom plugin design (plugin developement guidance)

Hi
    I tried to play with a 2012 old ASTM plugin found for Mirth v2.2.1 in this forum. It is nearly matching my needs but wanted to develop a more suitable version with up to date technologies. I know since Nexgen takes the leads a 10K$ per year option do exist . This is too expensive for my limited usage (translation from HL7 to ASTM for integrating HL7-only devices to non HL7 compatible LIS) . As the proposed business model is more targeting big hospitals with huge needs I'm targeting to reinvent the wheel and design a home made dedicated ASTM Mirth plugins or if not possible write an external one connected with json.

I try to find documentation upon plugins design for open source version unsuccessfully so far . Do such documentation / guidance/ video exist ?

PS:
    @NextGen sales teams if you read theses trends as well and open to propose an alternative deals than the 10k/year model for just buying ASTM plugins it would save development time for me .

Thanks !

Good. I find it a great day to try to develop an ASTM plugin. I've been looking for one for a long time. Do you have any development?

Comment

Hi, well the only alternative i'm targeting is to develop an external solution + link it with mirth via json for eg .However I asked this question to learn more upon v3 compatible plugin design in Mirth to embed it in to facilitate the job. As i found in this post a v2.2.1 ASTM plugin + source code i was wondering if a guidance is existing for v3 to develop mine . It looks nobody answered. Alternative may be to buy the nextgenconnect version but deal proposed do not match a successful profitability .

Comment

Unfortunately, documentation on plugin development is lacking. It’s not the first time people have asked. I know some vendors have created custom plugins and assume their senior java devs just figure it out. There is an open source plugin available, perhaps look at that code.
        Diridium Technologies, Inc.
        https://diridium.com

Comment

https://github.com/ChristopherSchultz/mirth-plugins
          Diridium Technologies, Inc.
          https://diridium.com

Comment

Originally posted by guiguidusud View Post
            Hi
            I tried to play with a 2012 old ASTM plugin found for Mirth v2.2.1 in this forum. It is nearly matching my needs but wanted to develop a more suitable version with up to date technologies. I know since Nexgen takes the leads a 10K$ per year option do exist . This is too expensive for my limited usage (translation from HL7 to ASTM for integrating HL7-only devices to non HL7 compatible LIS) . As the proposed business model is more targeting big hospitals with huge needs I'm targeting to reinvent the wheel and design a home made dedicated ASTM Mirth plugins or if not possible write an external one connected with json.

I try to find documentation upon plugins design for open source version unsuccessfully so far . Do such documentation / guidance/ video exist ?

PS:
            @NextGen sales teams if you read theses trends as well and open to propose an alternative deals than the 10k/year model for just buying ASTM plugins it would save development time for me .

Thanks !
            Hi
            did you have any luck in building an ASTM plugin ?
            Do you know any alternatives?
            Thank you
            Paolo

Comment

I didn't write ASTM plugin. Never founds Docs and didn't had time to reverse engineer . I build up a quick and dirty alternative out of mirth to send ASTM frames for testings . If probleme comes back, I will setup alternative by managing ASTM sending externally. 1 Get the HL7 in Mirth, 2 build output using template ASTM as row data wrtite file in folder that would trigger my tool sending frame by my ASTM tool.

Comment

Working...
              X