Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Building from source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building from source

I have downloaded the source code, but are unable to build using the ANT files... i get all sorts of errors no matter what ANT file or what targets I try.

Is there ANY sort of documentation explaining the build process?

--update--

I tried server's build.bat, but get these errors:

comwebreachmirthconnectorsjdbcxaConnectionWrapper. java:37: com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jdbc.xa.ConnectionWr apper is not abstract and does not override abstract method createStruct(java.lang.String,java.lang.Object[]) in java.sql.Connection
    [javac] public class ConnectionWrapper implements Connection

comwebreachmirthconnectorsjdbcxaDataSourceWrapper. java:27: com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jdbc.xa.DataSourceWr apper is not abstract and does not override abstract method isWrapperFor(java.lang.Class<?>) in java.sql.Wrapper
    [javac] public class DataSourceWrapper implements DataSource

I'm using jdk 1.6, which introduces these methods.

Anyone have implementations for these missing methods, or hints on how to do it?

Post edited by: trymirth, at: 06/16/2008 04:12

Re:Building from source

I've succesfully built from sources using JDK 1.5 and 1.7.0/1.7.1 tags from svn.

Are you using a tagged version from SVN or trunk?
    Have you configured ANT from eclipse or another IDE, or running from scratch ? There are some properties like ANT_HOME ... to configure before start a build with ant.

Check the wiki for detailed instructions about building from sources with ecilpse.

Hope that helps!

Comment

I ended up downgrading to JDK 1.5 and it works now.

Having built the client... how can I test it? It produces a set of jar-files, but no simple way of running it.

Comment

I think that you will need to build the entire installer. (ant goal: create-dist).

Or you can try to run/debug it from the IDE

Comment

Hm, I find no "create-dist" in the client project.

Comment

It was a mistake, the target "create-dist" exists only in the server project.

I don't know what target in the client project may fit your needs. Why don't try running directly from your IDE?

Comment

Because the ANT files are supposed to work. I don't use an IDE yet.

Comment

What ANT version are you trying ? I've succesfully built from sources with ANT only (no IDE). But I've built the entire project, not the client subproject only.

Comment

No, no, the build itself works with ant. But there is no "create-dist" as you say in the client project.

So given that I use no IDE, how can I test it?

I ask because I don't want to lock the development model down to a specific IDE (we use all sorts of IDE's internally)

Comment

Then then appropiate target seems to be "create-client", but I don't recommend you to use different IDEs in the same project because each IDE has it's own tricks to configure and it's a bit hacky switching from one ide to another.

Comment

The point is that it should be easy to run the ANT produced client without an IDE...

Comment

I've just tested it, and to build the client only, download the apache ant from it's page and just type:

[/path../Mirth-1.7.1/client/ $] /path-to/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin/ant create-client

Then you'll get a client/dist folder. Now, you can call com.webreach.mirth.client.ui.Mirth as client main method. You can have this by editing the MANIFEST inside de jar file and pointing the Main class to the above.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                        X