Read a text file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read a text file

I am just starting to learn Mirth. Installed v3.9 today and I have been trying to do something with it. Can someone help me with the below scenario?

1. Create a channel to read a text file (first name, last name, SSN and phone)
    2. Generate the HL7 message and place the file in the output folder on the local machine

I created a channel but not sure what to do next, and wasn't able to find something related to this.

Thanks in advance!

Here's an export of a simple channel to batch process csv file to HL7. It's a mix of JavaScript and message builder steps to give options. You can remove the header option by going to Summary Tab -> Set Data Types -> Inbound Properties -> Number of Header Records = 0. Included a sample source file.

Hope this gets you started!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jkrebs; 09-17-2020, 08:04 PM. Reason: Updated channel to include recommendations.

Comment

Just a note - if you are processing gigantic CSVs, use native database tools to do the import, it's way faster than using mirth.

jkrebs Also, might be nice in your example to add the actual column headers under message templates... properties so the message tree looks the below.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 7.18.53 AM.png
      Diridium Technologies, Inc.
      https://diridium.com

Comment

@jkrebs Also, might be nice in your example to add the actual column headers under message templates... properties so the message tree looks the below.
        Uploaded new channel w/column headers. pacmano - Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Failed to correct mappings w/previous upload. Its' corrected now with new files uploaded for extract and channel - apologies for the oversight!
          Last edited by jkrebs; 09-19-2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X