LLP Sender/LLP listener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLP Sender/LLP listener

I am having a problem with properly setting up a LLP Sender/LLP Listener combo. I am a Mirth newbie and I'm sure I have some setting incorrect.

I have Mirth setup on two computers to simulate a connection. I have one setup as a LLP Sender and the other as a LLP Listener.

I am unsure how to configure the LLP Sender for: Host Address & Host Port. I am also unsure how to configure the LLP Listener for: LLP Mode, Server Address & Server Port.

I've got the LLP Sender pointed at the IP of the LLP Listener and port 6660. I've got the LLP Listener Server address pointed to the address of the LLP sender and port 6661. I've also allowed Mirth access through both firewalls.

I'm getting an error 'cant connect to the endpoint, waiting 10.0 seconds for reconnecting, connection timed out.'

Any help with this is appreciated.

Thank you,

Jason

Re:LLP Sender/LLP listener

update:

I did a 'netstat -an' on both computers. The LLP sender shows that it is trying to send out on 6661, but I dont see anything for port 6661 on the LLP listener.

The dashboard shows that the channel is started and that the connection is 'waiting'

Comment

JasonGriffith wrote:
      I've got the LLP Sender pointed at the IP of the LLP Listener and port 6660. I've got the LLP Listener Server address pointed to the address of the LLP sender and port 6661. I've also allowed Mirth access through both firewalls.
      The LLP Listener should have the IP address of that machine set. So the IP for the listener tells it which IP to listen on.

The LLP Sender should send to the IP that the listener is listening on.

They both should use the same port.
      Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
      http://consultzen.com/careers/
      Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
      Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Ok, I've made the changes that you have suggested. I've set the IP and Port of both Sender and Listener to the IP and port of the Listener. One setting that I am not sure of is the LLP Mode. I have it set to Server.

Also, when I do a 'netstat -an' on the Listener computer, I dont see anything for port 6661. This seems to correspond to the error 'cant connect to the endpoint, waiting 10.0 seconds for reconnecting, connection timed out.'

Now that my setting are probably correct, I have a feeling that something is preventing the Listener from actually listening. I allowed Mirth.exe and MirthServerManager.exe through the firewall. Is there another .EXE that is actually doing the communication?

Comment

JasonGriffith wrote:
          Ok, I've made the changes that you have suggested. I've set the IP and Port of both Sender and Listener to the IP and port of the Listener. One setting that I am not sure of is the LLP Mode. I have it set to Server.

Also, when I do a 'netstat -an' on the Listener computer, I dont see anything for port 6661. This seems to correspond to the error 'cant connect to the endpoint, waiting 10.0 seconds for reconnecting, connection timed out.'

Now that my setting are probably correct, I have a feeling that something is preventing the Listener from actually listening. I allowed Mirth.exe and MirthServerManager.exe through the firewall. Is there another .EXE that is actually doing the communication?
          Probably the Java interpreter (Java.exe). It would be better to simply allow traffic over port 6661.
          Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
          http://consultzen.com/careers/
          Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
          Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

That did the trick! I now see that port 6661 is listening when I use netstat -an. I am now able to send messages from one mirth to the other.

I am getting an error that the filename, directory or volume label is incorrect in my File Writer destination. The '' keeps turning into a '/'. I'm sure this is causing the problem, but I haven't found the cause for it yet.

Thank you for all of your help!

Comment

I found that my most recent problem is a bug.

http://www.mirthproject.org/communit...H-788?page=all

Comment

As the comment says, try using the UNC path instead of the IP, or vice versa, and see if that fixes it. All \ are converted to / in file paths, but java should load them up correctly on either OS.
                Jacob Brauer
                Director, Software Development
                NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Ok, Here is what I have tried. On WinXP, I opened a run dialog box and typed the UNC path \\Acc-000\c$\folder\ and clicked OK to test the path. A window opened, confirming that the UNC path is correct.

I copied and pasted that into the Directory on the Destination tab. The File Name is set to $(ORIGINALNAME). I clicked VALIDATE CONNECTOR and clicked on SAVE CHANGES.

I then go back to the Dashboard and reset the channel, delete statistics and clear the log.

On the other computer, I copy a file to be transmitted via LLP. The transmission seems to go OK, but I still get the error:

ERROR 2008-06-12 10:19:22,859 [a7b933bf-4f0f-4558-b2b2-46b186047f82_source_connector._mllpEndpoint#120814 873.receiver.9] org.mule.impl.DefaultComponentExceptionStrategy: Caught exception in Exception Strategy for: a7b933bf-4f0f-4558-b2b2-46b186047f82: java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
                  java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Comment

Ok, Here is what I have tried. On WinXP, I opened a run dialog box and typed the UNC path \\Acc-000\c$\folder\ and clicked OK to test the path. A window opened, confirming that the UNC path is correct.

I copied and pasted that into the Directory on the Destination tab. The File Name is set to $(ORIGINALNAME). I clicked VALIDATE CONNECTOR and clicked on SAVE CHANGES.

I then go back to the Dashboard and reset the channel, delete statistics and clear the log.

On the other computer, I copy a file to be transmitted via LLP. The transmission seems to go OK, but I still get the error:

ERROR 2008-06-12 10:19:22,859 [a7b933bf-4f0f-4558-b2b2-46b186047f82_source_connector._mllpEndpoint#120814 873.receiver.9] org.mule.impl.DefaultComponentExceptionStrategy: Caught exception in Exception Strategy for: a7b933bf-4f0f-4558-b2b2-46b186047f82: java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
                    java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Comment

Can you try with a local directory path instead of UNC?

If the file gets written on the local drive but not to UNC path, then the problem is most likely related to permission for the Mirth Service (Windows Service / Mirth / Rightclick Properties / Log On Tab).

Hope this helps!

Post edited by: nshaik, at: 06/12/2008 08:07

Comment

Ok, I used services.msc > mirth > properties > Log On > and chose an account.

It looks like the error message has changed slightly, but it sounds the same to me.

UNC
                        [2008-06-12 11:48:53,328] ERROR (org.mule.impl.DefaultComponentExceptionStrategy:9 5): Caught exception in Exception Strategy for: a7b933bf-4f0f-4558-b2b2-46b186047f82: java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

LOCAL DIR
                        [2008-06-12 11:50:53,593] ERROR (org.mule.impl.DefaultComponentExceptionStrategy:9 5): Caught exception in Exception Strategy for: a7b933bf-4f0f-4558-b2b2-46b186047f82: java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

The folder that I am trying to save is local to the machine. I've tried with a local directory and its equivalent UNC path.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Can you export the channel and attach, please?

Comment

Here it is. Thank you for taking the time to look at it. Test_LLP_listener.xml (4453 bytes)

Comment

JasonGriffith wrote:
                              Here it is. Thank you for taking the time to look at it. Test_LLP_listener.xml (4453 bytes)
                              I had the same problems as you the changing of the \ to / which is irratating when you want to copy the UNC path to verify or review files and I have to change back the / to \. In any case I also ran into the error 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect' slowly rebuilt the channel one piece at a time to find the Destination FILE WRITER has problem when I specified *.hr as the output name, when I changed it to {$OriginalName}.hr it worked and stopped giving me the 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect'. The UNC Paths were correct and it had no problem with that. The other problem is no Control-Z in the text fields in case you screw something up. Hope it helps. I am using 1.7.1.3422
                              Mike Caldwell
                              Alliance HealthCare - GE VAR
                              Rocklin, CA
                              Centricity PM/EMR Support - Developer - Network Engineer

Comment

Working...
                              X