Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error converting FHIR resource from XML to JSON

Hi!

Using Mirth v3.9, I'm trying to feed a FHIR server with an HL7 feed. I'd like to receive SIU messages and create the appointment resources in my FHIR server. The process would be:
    Receive HL7 SIU -> Get Patient resource from FHIR server -> Create Appointment resource -> Post it to the FHIR server

I created a FHIR sender destination to get the patient resource from the FHIR server but I receive an error:
    "Error converting FHIR resource from XML to JSON [DataFormatException: DataFormatException at [[row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,1]]: Unknown resource name "HL7Message" (this name is not known in FHIR version "R5")]"

I'm now not too sure what I have to do:
    - Am I using the right approach?
    - How can I convert the internal XML into FHIR resource?

I attached my sample channel.

Thanks for your help!

Jean-Luc
    Attached Files

I think the sender needs JSON. See attached. Note empty JSON object on source side transformer outbound template and under datatypes button check types.

Attached Files
    Mirth 3.8.0 / PostgreSQL 11 / Ubuntu 18.04
    Diridium Technologies, Inc.
    https://diridium.com

Comment

You are likely using the msg variable with the initial SIU E4X object, not the msg with the FHIR server response.
      However, I wonder why do you need a Patient resource at all if you are about to send the Appointment back to the same FHIR server. You may use a logical reference to the Patient in the Appointment.participant.actor element and it's the FHIR server responsibility to replace it with the literal reference.

Comment

I'll defer to Shamil on the logic here, I was just cleaning up your channel so it actually makes a call correctly.
        Mirth 3.8.0 / PostgreSQL 11 / Ubuntu 18.04
        Diridium Technologies, Inc.
        https://diridium.com

Comment

Working...
        X