Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alerts triggered by errors in JS database writer don't have access to {messageId}?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alerts triggered by errors in JS database writer don't have access to {messageId}?

Using mirth version 3.8.1. I've set up and alert for a channel's errors. When errors come from the destination transformer (which is Javascript), the alert is able to access the {messageId} variable and pull the correct id. However, when an error originates in the Javascript-based database writer, the alert just returns '{messageId}' instead of the value.

I tried a bunch of things...
    The global map is accessible from the alert, but putting a message id in there would get overwritten by another processing thread.
    Other destination types - http sender, tcp sender, channel writer, and even a non-javascript-based database writer destination all work.

I even stripped the database writer code down to just:

var dbConn;
    dbConn = DatabaseConnectionFactory.createDatabaseConnection ('com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver','jdbc:mysql://hostort/dbname','','');

Do I just have to raise specific exceptions within the db writer code and raise alerts when those exceptions are hit, and send the message id in the error string?

I'd still like to have an answer to this since it seeems like a bug or oversight, but a reasonable workaround for me seems to be to raise an exception in the database writer and stick all of the data elements I want, including the message id, into the the error message and parse that our in the channel that the alert sends to.

Comment

Working...
    X