Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No responseMap variable in Source tab

Hi,

I have a channel with a responseMap variable set in the Postprocessor script. However, I can't find that variable in the Response drop-down in the Source tab. If I use the Postprocessor option from the drop-down, it doesn't send my custom response to the sender.

I tried to search the entire forum for this, but couldn't find anything. Appreciate any help on this.

Mirth version: 3.5.0.8232

Thanks,
    Ashish
    Attached Files

Your Postprocessor should just be
    Code:
    return 'OK';
    Then it will work if you select Postprocessor in the drop down.

Comment

Hi agermano,

Thanks! I know that works, but I want my custom variable to appear in the drop-down. I've read elsewhere that this should be possible, but not sure why it isn't working in this case.

Comment

Hoping Nick sees this and replies.

Comment

Just a guess, but I think the responseMap is tied to the destinations, which there is no context for in the postprocessor. Also, the postprocessor doesn't need to set a responseMap value, since it is one itself. Why can't you just return $('yourVariable') from the postprocessor?

Comment

Created an issue for this: MIRTH-4267

In the meantime, you can add your responseMap.put somewhere else like a transformer step. You can put it inside of a comment even, and it should still get parsed and added to the response drop-down menu.
            Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
            Work: 949-237-6069
            Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
            - You just bar.

Comment

Originally posted by agermano View Post
              Just a guess, but I think the responseMap is tied to the destinations, which there is no context for in the postprocessor. Also, the postprocessor doesn't need to set a responseMap value, since it is one itself. Why can't you just return $('yourVariable') from the postprocessor?
              When I do that, I don't get the expected response back in my browser.

Comment

Originally posted by narupley View Post
                Created an issue for this: MIRTH-4267

In the meantime, you can add your responseMap.put somewhere else like a transformer step. You can put it inside of a comment even, and it should still get parsed and added to the response drop-down menu.
                Thanks! This does the job for now.

Comment

Working...
                X