VB.Net Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB.Net Connection

I am building a page in my vb.net application that based off of a PatientID sends a FHIR message to Cerner to get the Patient data. I can send a TCP socket message to accomplish this and see in Mirth where it is getting the correct FHIR response in JSOD. However I cannot get the code to respond back to my socket. I suspect it is because the socket is waiting for bytes, but not getting it in the correct format.

(exact exception is System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond')

The next step is breaking down the JSOD data into data fields, changing them, and sending them back as a TCP message that converts into a FHIR Update message.

You might want to consider using one of the other listener types built on tcp that already understands messages rather than using raw tcp, which is a stream. You could use http or a default web service.

Comment

Yup HTTPWebRequest worked like a charm, once I put in a JSON adapter to translate the stream.

Thank you for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X