Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One file per study

Hi,

The file channel produces one large file with no control over the format.

We would like to create a worklist file per study, which a PACS broker will pick up.

Any ideas how to accomplish that?

Re:One file per study

You should have good control over the file formatting.

Can you post a sample of how you would like the file formatted?

I think what you're looking for is a transformer step to set up a mapping so that you have access to individual fields in the incoming messages.
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

But I need one file per study. Is that possible with the file channel?

Comment

trymirth wrote:
        But I need one file per study. Is that possible with the file channel?
        You may have to have two channels, one to split your source up into one message per study and then a second channel to take that single message per study and write it out in the correct format.

What is your source? Some flat file with multiple studies? Some HL7 message?
        Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
        http://consultzen.com/careers/
        Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
        Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Source is a database query.

Comment

You will need to do a comparison with the STUDY INSTANCE UID as it is the same for all ....

supposing you had an SCP parked ona filesystem, most data in the data set is the same in the headers across all the images in the series. Read in one of the files, store the Study INstance UID temporarily in your source connector, using a flat file or database. and an update flag. in the filter, do a lookup on the SUID, if the update count is '0', update it to 1 and process the file. IF the update count is at 1 for the study instance UID, filter it out.

Comment

If I understand this problem correctly, you can just choose 'NO' at the 'Append to File' option in the 'File Writer' destination. This will create a file for each destination run. Just make sure the filename is unique so make use of system dates, times or unique ids. This will prevent the File Writer from overwriting the previous file.

Comment

Working...
              X