Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Huge message table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge message table

I see that the message table in mirthdb after a few days contains gigabytes of data (mysql).

Anyway to reduce this??

Re:Huge message table

You can try to not store message unless they produced error or not store messages at all. The best option IMHO is set a prune database job (in channel properties).

Anyway, you should do admin tasks in your database like optimizing indexes ... etc to improve performance.

Hope that helps

Comment

"You can try to not store message unless they produced error or not store messages at all."

Is this a setting somewhere?

Comment

Yep,

In the channel tab, the first one that you can see when you're about to create a new channel. BTW, the pruning database optiones are in the same tab.

See you!

Comment

That works great. Thanks!

Comment

I have several questions related to this topic:

1) If I delete a channel, are the messages related to that channel also deleted from the database?

2) Is it ok to just prune the messages from within the MySQL database (using PHPMyAdmin)?

3) Would it be possible to look at the stored messages for a specific channel without deploying it and going through the dashboard?

We are continually testing and cloning channels right now. Sometimes we delete channels without considering if the messages during previous runs have been deleted. I suspect these kinds of instances contribute towards a ballooning message table.

Thanks!

Comment

The worst thing IMO regarding testing is that you cannot deploy single channels...

Comment

In a classic Mirth community way, I get to answer my own question. I hope this will help other newbies.

kahumbu wrote:
                1) If I delete a channel, are the messages related to that channel also deleted from the database?
                No, the 'old' messages of a deleted channel remains in the database. So, remember to delete the messages before deleting the channel.

2) Is it ok to just prune the messages from within the MySQL database (using PHPMyAdmin)?
                Yes, I just truncated the messages table and the mirth seems to be working fine. We've already have several channels deployed and everything seems to be working fine.

3) Would it be possible to look at the stored messages for a specific channel without deploying it and going through the dashboard?
                I don't think so. There is no way to go see the messages within mirth without deploying the channel in the dashboard. Just deploy it 'STOPPED' so it doesn't get started (and add more messages).

Comment

Working...
                X