Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems setting channel metadata from postprocessor

Hi,

I'm calculating the channel execution time on the channel's postprocessor script.

If I try to set a variable mapped to the channel's metadata using channelMap.put() from the channel postprocessor I get an invalid operation error.

If I add the execution time using responseMap.put that works but the value doesn't appear in my metadata.

Channel metadata looks like this:

Column name=EXEC_TIME
    Type=NUMBER
    Variable Mapping=exec_time

On my channel postprocessor script I tried

channelMap.put('exec_time', 1234);

This is the error for that:

Wrapped java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
    at 2de13d52-355c-481a-bd2f-9c43d7ff7d0c_Postprocessor:80 (doScript)
    at 2de13d52-355c-481a-bd2f-9c43d7ff7d0c_Postprocessor:85
    at com.mirth.connect.server.util.javascript.JavaScrip tUtil.executeScript(JavaScriptUtil.java:527)
    at com.mirth.connect.server.util.javascript.JavaScrip tUtil.executePostprocessorScripts(JavaScriptUtil.j ava:255)
    at com.mirth.connect.server.transformers.JavaScriptPo stprocessor$JavaScriptPostProcessorTask.doCall(Jav aScriptPostprocessor.java:104)

Then I tried:

responseMap.put('exec_time', 1234);

Execution is OK, but on the logs screen my metadata column EXEC_TIME is empty.

How can I set metadata columns from a channel postprocessor?

Thanks.

BTW I'm using 3.4.2

Comment

Originally posted by ppazos View Post
      BTW I'm using 3.4.2
      Any ideas why this code fails?

Comment

I don't believe the channelMap is available in a post-processor. Populate your variable with a globalChannelMap and see if that works.
        Best,

Kirby

Mirth Certified|Epic Bridges Certified|Cloverleaf Level 2 Certified

Appliance Version 3.11.4
        Mirth Connect Version 3.8.0
        Java Version 1.6.0_45-b06
        Java (64 bit) Version 1.6.0_45-b06
        Java 7 (64 bit) Version 1.7.0_151-b15
        Java 8 (64 bit) Version 1.8.0_181-b13
        PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8

Comment

It is available for reading, but gives an exception when it's written.

IMO since the channel post processor is pay of the channel execution, the channel map should be available for writing channel metadata variables, like in my use case.

GlobalChannelMap variables would be overwritten by multiple executions of thesame channel in parallel, wouldn't it?

Comment

You might want to take at the user guide.

"The map is isolated to the current message as it processes through the channel". You are trying this in the post-processor, The name post-processor makes me believe it is after processing.

I haven't tested this, I could be wrong.

As far as the globalMap, it depends on your configuration. This could be configured so messages don't overwrite the variables.
            Last edited by kirbykn2; 04-20-2018, 08:01 AM.
            Best,

Kirby

Mirth Certified|Epic Bridges Certified|Cloverleaf Level 2 Certified

Appliance Version 3.11.4
            Mirth Connect Version 3.8.0
            Java Version 1.6.0_45-b06
            Java (64 bit) Version 1.6.0_45-b06
            Java 7 (64 bit) Version 1.7.0_151-b15
            Java 8 (64 bit) Version 1.8.0_181-b13
            PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8

Comment

The postprocessor is executed outside the channel scope - after the destination received the response (if any response is sent by the external system). This also means the metadata is already written at this point of time.

Thus, if you want to set a metadata that appears in the dashboard based on a value that is only available in the postprocessor, you can create a second, subsequent destination and write the value there to the channelmap.

Comment

Thanks Odo, that might work.

Is there a way to access the start/end dates in the channel source and destinations metadata?

Mirth sets those values by default but it is not clear how to access those from script or transformer code in order to calculate execution times.

Thanks

Comment

It seems timestamps from channel metadata can't be accessed from JS code.

Comment

Working...
                  X