LP to File Writer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP to File Writer

I read a file in on port 5002 and write the file out. However the output file has the hex character 0x0B at the start and 0x1C at the end. How can I use the transform to do a replace ie. msg.replace(msg,chr(11),"") Just a guess but any other ideas how you can replacev a single character as it writes the file out so I can replace the 0B and 1C?

The reason this is a problem is because anouter program reads the HL7 labs in and it chokes on the 1C at the end.

0x1c
    Mike Caldwell
    Alliance HealthCare - GE VAR
    Rocklin, CA
    Centricity PM/EMR Support - Developer - Network Engineer

Re:LP to File Writer

I'm guessing you're using 1.7. There is a preprocessor script you can do, or you can add a blank transformer step in the source connector. However, I would recommend using 1.7.1, as it has the fix for this issue.
    Jacob Brauer
    Director, Software Development
    NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

I am using: Version 1.7.1.3422 Built on April 23, 2008

Sorry, I should have mentioned that in any post. I tried everything last night. Can you toss me an example of what I would need in the pre or post processor to change any 0x1C to nothing. I want to have the abaility in the long run to replace any character with another value as I know this will come again. I tried something like:

message = replace(message,0x1C,""); I tried this and other varions in the pre and post processor
      I tried msg=replace(msg,0x1C,""); and tmp=replace(tmp,0x1C,""); in the transformer section.

Also have a question, What is the difference between the Transformation on Source versys Transformation on Destination?
      Mike Caldwell
      Rocklin, CA

Comment

try

message.replace(/\x0B/,"");
        message.replace(/\x1C/,"");

in the preprocessor before the return statement.

This is off the top of my head, so let me know if it doesn't work and I'll setup a test channel and try it.

Comment

Not sure where I was to put this, tried PRE and POST processor, no errors but no stripping of the character. It looked promising..
          Mike Caldwell
          Rocklin, CA

Comment

Throw me a bone here? Any Ideas anyone? At this point I can't beleive I have to write a simple VB app to replace a single character in a file??
            Mike Caldwell
            Rocklin, CA

Comment

Mike,

Are you communicating with a MIK?

Have you seen this thread: http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...d=2686&catid=2

You can also set the starting and ending sequences in the source tab. Just tell Mirth to look to treat the leading and trailing chars as, well, leading and trailing characters.

If you're still stuck post your channel. I'm working for a GE VAR too and several other people on here are well versed at un-mangling messages sent from GE products.

Post edited by: jbartels, at: 05/22/2008 05:25
              Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
              http://consultzen.com/careers/
              Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
              Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

I'm not using the MIK. I am simply reading from port 5002 and writing out the file for LinkLogic to import and process. In the output file it ends with 1C(28). I want to strip it off the end. I can do wonders with the MIK and LinkLogic since I work with them daily. I had to update my Transport program do this simple task that Mirth can't handle and I have tried various options, it's not rocket science. I wanted to get away from having my VB apps from doing the work, but I don't see the VB apps going away any time soon from what I have seen with Mirth and the lack or response or support on the website for myself and others.
                Mike Caldwell
                Rocklin, CA

Comment

Post your channel, please. This is probably just one little tweak that needs to be made and the solution is just being overlooked because of a miscommunication.
                  Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
                  http://consultzen.com/careers/
                  Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
                  Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Working...
                  X