Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: could not prune message database

Version 1.7.1.3422

In reading some of the posts that refer to the error message, I elected to replace the derby db as several seem to suggest. I chose MSSQL Express. The installation was fine and getting everything put back after changing the underlying DB couldn't have been much easier.

But I still get the same warning. Everything seems to be working and most of channels I have hold for 10 days, so it's not obvious yet if it's failing to purge or not - I would guess that would be the symptom.

----

As I was writing this I was trying to understand if what I was asking was making sense - it seemed that my error message was different than others I had seen. So I dug a little deeper and actually looked at each channel.

I discovered a channel that had an empty 'prune after days' field. Not sure how I managed that but adding a number there appears to have resolved my problem.

The channel xml had
    [ul]<property name="max_message_age"></property>[/ul]

should be
    [ul]<property name="max_message_age">10</property>[/ul]

[ul][2008-05-09 13:31:43,302] WARN (com.webreach.mirth.plugins.messagepruner.MessageP runerService:226): could not prune message database
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
    at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unk nown Source)
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
    at com.webreach.mirth.plugins.messagepruner.MessagePr unerService.execute(MessagePrunerService.java:198)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:2 02)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run (SimpleThreadPool.java:529)[/ul]

This has now become a non-question - but maybe will help someone else.
Working...
X