Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Newbie setup question -- cannot start database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie setup question -- cannot start database

Does anyone know why I cannot start the Mirth database? I did a clean installation on a Windows XP Pro machine using the latest installer. I keep getting this error but can't figure out what the problem is. Thanks in advance -- Pete

ERROR 2008-05-08 17:26:22,390 [Thread-0] com.webreach.mirth.server.controllers.MessageObjec tController: java.sql.SQLExce
    ption: Failed to start database 'C:\Program Files\Mirth/mirthdb', see the next exception for details.
    ERROR 2008-05-08 17:26:22,437 [Thread-0] com.webreach.mirth.server.controllers.SystemLogger : java.sql.SQLException: Fail
    ed to start database 'C:\Program Files\Mirth/mirthdb', see the next exception for details.
    ERROR 2008-05-08 17:26:22,484 [Thread-0] com.webreach.mirth.server.controllers.ChannelStati sticsController: Could not in
    itialize channel statistics.
    ERROR 2008-05-08 17:26:22,500 [Thread-0] com.webreach.mirth.server.controllers.Configuratio nController: could not initia
    lize configuration settings
    com.webreach.mirth.server.controllers.ControllerEx ception: error loading encryption key
    at com.webreach.mirth.server.controllers.Configuratio nController.loadEncryptionKey(ConfigurationControl ler.java:
    542)
    at com.webreach.mirth.server.controllers.Configuratio nController.initialize(ConfigurationController.jav a:160)
    at com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth.startup(Mirth.java :154)
    at com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth.run(Mirth.java:113 )
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'C:\Program Files\Mirth/mirthdb', see the next exception for
    details.
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.g etSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLExcepti on(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLExcepti on(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLExcep tion(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDat abase(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>( Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init >(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.<init >(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnecti on(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unkno wn Source)
    at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(Unk nown Source)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource.popConnect ion(SimpleDataSource.java:580)
    at com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource.getConnect ion(SimpleDataSource.java:222)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTran saction.init(JdbcTransaction.java:48)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTran saction.getConnection(JdbcTransaction.java:89)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.General Statement.executeQueryForObject(GeneralStatement.j ava:104)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelega te.queryForObject(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:566)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelega te.queryForObject(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:541)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.qu eryForObject(SqlMapSessionImpl.java:106)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.qu eryForObject(SqlMapSessionImpl.java:110)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.que ryForObject(SqlMapClientImpl.java:87)
    at com.webreach.mirth.server.controllers.Configuratio nController.loadEncryptionKey(ConfigurationControl ler.java:
    527)
    ... 3 more
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'C:\Program Files\Mirth/mirthdb', see the next exception for
    details.

Re:Newbie setup question -- cannot start database

I don't have enough experience on Mirth since I just started using Mirth as well but I found this documentation to be quite helpful...
    http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...id=44&id=dummy

Not sure if you saw this.

You may also want to check if your Mirth Service is running. I'm using Mirth with DB2 database and had to download special drivers from IBM for my db connectivity.

Can you run localhost:8080 to get the "Launch Administrator" page?

Comment

I can use the administrator console just fine, and I even set up a channel to pick up files form disk and write them elsewhere. But I still get this exception on startup.

This is a completely vanilla installation -- I am just trying to use the default setup with Jetty.

Are there installation prerequisites besides Java? Anyone?

Comment

OK -- downloading the zip file and running the exe out of the extracted folder works just fine. The installer seems to have some configuration out of wack.

Comment

Working...
        X