Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Routing Raw Data

Forgive the Newbie question:

I am currently sotring two HL7 Feeds into a SQL Database then parsing through them in order to filter out Facility specific messages. Then I dump the message I need into an outbound table. My questions is I just want to query that table and send the ADTs out the facility I filtered. The reason for not using a filter in the inbound message is I can not given latency of the second inbound feed. Thus the SQL Database. My Question is what do I need to setup on the Outbound Channel for transformation if all I am going to do is read a Text Field in of the RAW Input Message? Do I even need a tranformation template?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Question about Routing Raw Data

Assuming your database table name is InboundMessage, alter the table and add a new column called Status (bit field wih default 0).

When the incoming messages are saved in the table, the status would be 0 (default value for the status column should take care).

Let's assume the status codes to be:

0 - Not processed
    1 - Processed

Create a new outbound channel (say, Database to File Writer). Sample SELECT and UPDATE statements would be like:
    =========

SELECT MessageID, ERMessageText AS ER7RawData
    FROM InboundMessage
    WHERE Status = 0
    AND ...(other conditions to filter out the messages)

=========

UPDATE InboundMessage
    SET Status = 1
    WHERE MessageID = ${messageid}

NOTE: MessageID is the primary key column in the InboundMessage table

=================
    Create a JavaScript Transformer Step
    =================

Try this JavaScript code:

var outputMessage = msg['eR7rawdata'].toString();
    localMap.put('er7', outputMessage);

=================
    In the Destination Tab
    =================

Template: ${er7}

In the destination tab the contents of er7 local variable is sent as outbound message.

This should send the messages out. Hope it helps!

Comment

I got the File Writer working but I am at a loss for understating how to map ${er7} to an LLP? Do I have to build a separat HL7 Template. The reason I ask is when you specify File Writer as a destination it then allows for a Template Window. But when you select LLP there is no template window.

Comment

I guess is the best way to put this is I have raw messages in a database text(blob) field I want to read the blob to a variable and send the variable to a LLP end point. I have the file writer example working fine, but I am recieving NAKs when I connec LLP to the endpoint. I tried creating a dummy HL7 Message Segment and only placing the Local Var in the Mapping section, but still this seems to mangle the message and I get NAKs back. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X