SumoLogic Logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SumoLogic Logging

I'm attempting to configure MC 3.5 to use Sumo Logging. I have downloaded the sumo appender (sumo-log4j-appender version 2.4). The jar was first placed in custom-lib/, then I tried putting it in server-lib. mirth.log does not show any error messages when the server is restarted, but ./mcserver restart shows:

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate class [com.sumologic.log4j.SumoLogicAppender].
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sumologic.log4j.SumoLogicAppender

No messages are communicated to Sumo. I am able to manually send a message with Postman.

Below are the settings in $mc-home/conf/log4j.properties:

log4j.rootLogger = INFO,stdout,fout,sumo

#Sumo Log appender
    log4j.appender.sumo = com.sumologic.log4j.SumoLogicAppender
    log4j.appender.sumo.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
    log4j.appender.sumo.layout.ConversionPattern = %-5p %d [%t] %c: %m%n
    log4j.appender.sumo.url = https://my/unique/endpoint
    log4j.appender.sumo.name = MirthLog

Has anyone had success getting the Sumo appender to work with log4j?

I am having this exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Comment

This should be possible in 3.7 and later now, there's a new "server-launcher-lib" directory where libraries can be placed that are included on the root JVM classpath (so that the logger has access to them): MIRTH-3538
      Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
      Work: 949-237-6069
      Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
      - You just bar.

Comment

Thank You! I got some errors for missing dependencies but found some more advice on how to use maven-shade-plugin to generate one jar will all dependencies. It seems to be working now.

Comment

Working...
        X