Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

mirth as datagate replacment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirth as datagate replacment

Hello all,
    I work at a rural hostpital - KRMC, Kalispell, MT, and we are replacing our aging Windows NT4.0 / Datagate 3.6.2 system.

Probably not so many of you work with Datagate anymore, however it's actually a quite nice system.

The original choice would have been to go with the Java Enterprise system with JCAPS from Sun, and see how well that worked, however I'm not sure we have the expertise to run with such a system. Even maintaining mirth might be an issue there.

So, here's the dilemma I'm faced with. Our datagate has provided exceptional reliability, however, we have 63 interfaces, and it's going to increase with time. This setup is unwieldy and slow now... not to mention that NT4.0 is no longer supported, and datagate has hit EOL a while ago.

We'd like to get equal reliability out of Mirth. I'm setting up 2 linux (debian) servers, one for Mirth on Jboss, the other for Mirth on GlassFish. The backend database will be postgres for both. the Windows guy is setting up Mirth as is comes with the exe from the mirthproject. We aim to compare/contrast all these setups accordingly as well as we can, etc.

So, is there any advice anyone here can give me for getting Mirth to run under GlassFish? or a best practices guide for either Jboss or GF? I'd prefer to run on GlassFish, as I've has some experience with both, and find GlassFish much easier to debug.

thanks for your time,
    Jack
Working...
X