Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Timestamps in Mirth are off by one hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timestamps in Mirth are off by one hour

We are running Mirth on an Ubuntu installation and its system time differs from the timestamp that shows up in the dashboard for when messages are being processed. the messages always timestammped one hour behind the system time. The server is set to EDT (eastern daylight time). Are there any known issues with Mirth having difficulty keeping up with daylight savings time?

Re:Timestamps in Mirth are off by one hour

I had the same problem recently.

Java have their own timezones. You have to update timezone in your JRE (Java runtime).

Try do this:

1. First, be sure that Ubuntu has configured timezone properly.

2. Stop Mirth Server.

2. Download tzupdater.jar from Sun to configure the timezone in Java.
    Put this file in your bin JRE folder

3. Do:
    java -jar tzupdater.jar -u
    java -jar tzupdater.jar -f

(use sudo command before if you need root access)

4. Start Mirth Server again.

good luck!

carles massallé

Comment

Re:Timestamps in Mirth are off by one hour

It appears that this will be resolved in Hardy with the tzdata-java package as well.
      Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
      http://consultzen.com/careers/
      Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
      Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Hi,

I have a server running Ubuntu (Hardy Heron) and Mirth. Dates rendered by Javascript in our channels aren't reflecting daylight savings time.
        But the server system time is in EDT.

So, I did the following:

1. sudo apt-get install tzdata-java
        2. sudo java -jar tzupdater.jar -u
        sudo java -jar tzupdater.jar -f
        3. rebooted

But no luck! My dates are still EST, not EDT.

Any advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
        Last edited by csmith; 03-29-2010, 06:45 AM. Reason: adding more information

Comment

sorry i can't help, but the ubuntu forums are usually a pretty good resource.. i would ask there

i'm just curious, how are you running mirth on linux? isn't it only deployable as a windows service? with the exe and everything..?

Comment

timezones

I run on Linux (Fedora) and have the same problem. I am running a relatively new JRE (1.6.0). Anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

Working...
            X