Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Windows Requirements (Server)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Requirements (Server)

Hi,
    Can you pls tell me if there is a recommended/minimum Windows Requirement (server) where the Mirth will be installed to.

Is Windows 2003 Entreprise SP2 "ok" ?

Many thanks,
    mlbisson

Re:Windows Requirements (Server)

Yes, 2k3 will be fine to run it. I think the reason you've not seen any replies is that your question is really open-ended. Are you going to be getting 10-15 messages a day or 100k to 1.5M messages a day? Most of mirth runs in Jboss it seems and is really just an app being served out there.... I really know little about this process, and it seems there are very few live users on this board.

In anycase, that's will be a suitable O/S. As far as resources, I'm running Mirth on a WindowsXP machine with 768mb ram just so I can learn about how it handles interfaces and such (called channels here...). I'm having our datagate send me a small (about 100 messages/min) stream of traffic out of our PACS department, so far, it's not even slowed down. That's basically nothing, as datagate handles around 200k messages a day here for us, and we are a small rural hospital

Hopefully that helps, seems to me that if you've got 2k3 enterprise, you ought to have enough experience to rule of thumb it and plan ahead such that you can add ram/drives/ other as needed to the physical hardware.

Comment

I just wanted to clarify something about the post above. There is an image that allows mirth to run in the same JVM as JBoss, but this should not be considered unless you have a reason for wanting to run everything on a server in the same JVM and you are already using JBoss. Any OS would work fine for you. Windows 2k3 will be perfect for using the general Mirth installer. This will even create a service for Mirth and set up a server manager.
      Jacob Brauer
      Director, Software Development
      NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

hey, I have a simple request then... what is the preferred way to install to linux? and which linux is the "one" for Mirth? I have my preferences, but am versed in many... please let me know what you consider the reference platform.

thanks,
        Jack

Post edited by: laidback_01, at: 04/25/2008 15:48

Comment

My preferred way on all platforms (even Windows), is download the zipped version, and simply unzip it in anywhere you prefer. There's no 'install'. In my opinion, it's a lot more flexible because that way, you can run multiple versions of Mirth simultaneously.

In Windows, you can run mirth.bat to start up the server in command prompt.

In Linux/OS X, you can run mirth.sh to start up the server in terminal.

Post edited by: chrisr, at: 04/25/2008 16:18
          Chris Ro
          Sr. Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Oh.

Here I was looking for a more complicated way I guess... lol

I'd like to get rid of Derby and in it's place put Postgres... is it a simple matter as well?

sorry for hijacking this thread...

Comment

It's fairly simple to set up postgresql. You just need to install postgresql, create a mirth database, run our included postgresql database sql file to create the schema, and then change the database you are using in the mirth properties. If you are using the installer then you will have the server manager, and it's all done through the UI.
              Jacob Brauer
              Director, Software Development
              NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

This is actually kinda funny because it's so simple to setup. I've been working with a doc managment system, Alfresco, pretty nice, but a much more involved setup... and reading that Mirth was based on Mule, written in Java, I just assumed too much, like which app server do I want to use, etc...

Good case of assumption and miscommunication

thanks for the help, I'll keep you posted of my progress.

Jack

Comment

Working...
                X