Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Services Client Qn

Hi All,

We have mirth appliances and I am investigating how we might use this for a HRIS project. The HRIS is cloud based and integration options include a web service where we would need to poll them to retrieve information (e.g. hourly). The possible result set from a poll could be thousands of records so they have implemented pagination.. mirth would need to submit a request and then process returned values and then request the next set once processed. I would be interested to see how complex this may or not be to understand if mirth is best fit for the purpose.

Example of a call documented here..
    https://community.workday.com/custom...s.html#Request

Any tips or suggestions?

That should be fairly simple to do. Break up your workflow into two channels, an upstream and a downstream one. The upstream one will be the polling connector, like a JavaScript Reader that returns a dummy message hourly just to trigger the destination. Then it would have a JavaScript Writer destination that iterates through each page number and dispatches a message to your downstream channel. The downstream channel is the one that actually has the Web Service Sender.

I've attached a few channels to illustrate (for 3.4.2).
    Attached Files
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Comment

Thanks very much Nick!

That looks good.. I can see the 3 pages returning. Do you know if there is a web service reader in the works?

Comment

Not right now, but it's super simple to just create two channels, one for the JavaScript Reader / Web Service Sender, and one to handle the response from the web service.

Note that just the existence of a Web Service Reader would not satisfy your use-case, because of the fact that you have to iterate through an unknown number of pages and do a WS dispatch for each one.
        Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
        Work: 949-237-6069
        Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
        - You just bar.

Comment

Yes.. just thinking that having this in a single channel would be better long term for support. I should be able to fund some development with this upcoming HRIS project.

Comment

Working...
          X