Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Service not starting after importing channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service not starting after importing channels

System1: Mirth 1.7/sql server 2005/win 2003 running in vmware 6 session
    System2: win xp pro/sql server 2005

I recently backed up my db (system 1) and restored it to (system 2). I updated my service to point to my restored db, and attempted to restart it numerous times, but it repeatedly failed. I was able to determine the failure was due to something with the existing channels, so I wiped the channel and configuration tables, and then restarted the service successfully. I then imported all of my saved(exported from my system 2 db) channels and then restarted the service (which failed to start again). I have compared the xml and run numerous tests and cannot figure out exactly why the service is failing (Mirth.log is not indicating anything).

Here are repro steps:

1. create a 2 or more channels. Make sure that your destination is db writer on all the channels. (When I imported channels with file writer as the destination, I didn't have this problem).
    2. backup your existing db, and restore to another machine.
    3. start the service (my service fails here). To get the service working from here, I had to wipe both the channel and configuration tables.
    4. Start the service, log in and import your channels.
    5. Log out and restart the service. (fails for me here).
    6. Delete all but one channel rec from your db. You should be able to start the service with 1 imported channel (destination is db writer), but if you have more than one channel in the db, the service will fail.

Have you encountered any issues with importing channels?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Rick File_To_DB_8.xml (16175 bytes)
Working...
X