No announcement yet.

Mirth Connect WebSocket connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much for your quick reply Nicholas!

For our implementation, Mirth would act as a web socket client, receiving messages from our web sockets server which Mirth can read to trigger other Mirth channels/interfaces. Our web socket server would be written in .NET using the System.Net.WebSockets namespace.This server conforms to RFC 6455: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455.

No other weird or nuanced requirements are necessary so we don't need any initial connection messages nor do we need a constant ping connection.

Based on that information, I think it is definitely possible to build a generic connector, as long as it supports the WebSocket protocol RFC 6455.
    Last edited by pietew; 07-01-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Hi narupley,

Any updates on the status of WebSocket capability?

We have a usecase that would require the use of WebSockets to implement a two way communication channel that allow for query response capability between a client and a 3rd party server.
      Please let us know how this feature is progressing on the roadmap.

Comment

Originally posted by Integr8 View Post
        Hi narupley,

Any updates on the status of WebSocket capability?

We have a usecase that would require the use of WebSockets to implement a two way communication channel that allow for query response capability between a client and a 3rd party server.
        Please let us know how this feature is progressing on the roadmap.
        So what exactly do you need from a WebSocket solution in Connect? Would you just be connecting to a remote server as a client to send messages only? What about any messages coming from the server?
        Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
        Work: 949-237-6069
        Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
        - You just bar.

Comment

Originally posted by narupley View Post
          So what exactly do you need from a WebSocket solution in Connect? Would you just be connecting to a remote server as a client to send messages only? What about any messages coming from the server?
          My company needs a websocket connector that can receive messages over websocket like we are currently able to receive messages over HTTP. We do not have any need to send messages over websocket.

EDIT: I suppose I could see the need to send back an acknowledgement over the websocket connection as well. But we would definitely need to the option to *not* send an ACK.
          Last edited by jhudson; 04-09-2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by siddharth View Post
            Curious cat here, how is a websocket different from configuring a webhook on regular HTTP Listener? I have implemented a webhook so I know its possible.
            it could be used to interact with the recent Whatsapp API , which needs a webhook to receive messages?

Comment

Working...
            X