Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import channel question

Hi everyone,

We've been facing a problem while reimporting channels in a Mirth installation.

We are at the very beginning of a project using Mirth Connect, and due to some changes at naming conventions, we renamed 2-3 channels we developed so far.

After reimporting them in our test installation, all channels were duplicated : instead of replacing existing channels, Mirth let them untouched and imported the "new" channels. What is the most surprising thing to us is that Mirth generated new ChannelIds : we would have though that we at least would get a warning because of the imported ChannelId used in an existing channel...

Is this behaviour normal?

Additionnal question : are the Channel ID's considered as "true" GUID, i.e. is their uniqueness is guaranteed across multiple instances?

Thank you for your help
    Tom
    Tom

Yeah, right now that's just how importing through the Administrator works... it will conflict on the name only, and simply create a new ID if it finds that the ID already exists. I've created an issue for that: MIRTH-3895

For just about all intents and purposes, the GUIDs used by Mirth Connect are globally unique. We use Java's UUID implementation:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ve-a-unique-id
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for replying and opening the issue.

You seem to say that the CLI may have a different behavior regarding channel ids, do you? I haven't tested it yet so I have no idea how it really works.

THX
      Tom
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X