Messages will not send in Mirth Version 3.2.1.7650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messages will not send in Mirth Version 3.2.1.7650

I am having a problem sending a message with a TCP Sender in version 3.2.1.7650. The messages always queue and I can see that there is a processing error that says:

Code:
    TCP Sender error
    ERROR MESSAGE: Error receiving response: Connection reset
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:196)
    	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:122)
    	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:235)
    	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:254)
    	at com.mirth.connect.model.transmission.framemode.FrameStreamHandler.read(FrameStreamHandler.java:120)
    	at com.mirth.connect.connectors.tcp.TcpDispatcher.send(TcpDispatcher.java:245)
    	at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.DestinationConnector.handleSend(DestinationConnector.java:747)
    	at com.mirth.connect.donkey.server.channel.DestinationConnector.run(DestinationConnector.java:636)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I can successfully send from version 2.2.1.5861 with no issues. I have tried to set-both senders up the exact same way, but it is still not working. I have tried every setting there is (i.e. keep connection open, set send timeout to "0", queue on failure, etc.). I can get them to send if I select "Ignore Response", but I was not sure if I should do that or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Amanda

I'd suggest doing a network capture to see exactly what's going on. From the looks of it, I'd guess the remote server you're sending to is uncleanly closing the connection (with a RST packet). Are you actually expecting responses (like HL7 ACKs) for this interface?
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Comment

I am trying to send HL7 messages to the server so I assumed I should receive a HL7 ack back? That is why I tried selecting "Ignore Response" because I assumed it was the way we were talking with the other server. However, what will ignoring the response do? Does it just send everything? Does the data still make it to where I am telling it to go? Also, I think it is strange that it works in one version of Mirth, but not any of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by atibbits View Post
        I am trying to send HL7 messages to the server so I assumed I should receive a HL7 ack back? That is why I tried selecting "Ignore Response" because I assumed it was the way we were talking with the other server. However, what will ignoring the response do? Does it just send everything? Does the data still make it to where I am telling it to go? Also, I think it is strange that it works in one version of Mirth, but not any of the others.
        Ignoring the response means literally that after sending a message, the response coming back from the server (if any) is ignored, and won't be stored by Mirth Connect. If the server doesn't send any response, then no errors will occur. However, this typically undermines the whole point of HL7 acknowledgements, because there's no longer any way to know for sure whether the server received your message.

It's possible that the issue with your remote server existed when using 2.x as well, but back then there wasn't nearly as much TCP-level logging as there is now.
        Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
        Work: 949-237-6069
        Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
        - You just bar.

Comment

Working...
        X