Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Does Mirth 1.7 support DICOM SR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Mirth 1.7 support DICOM SR

Hi guys,

we have been asked if mirth supports Dicom SR messages.
    I am not that familiar with Dicom and dont know all the differences between "regular" Dicom and Dicom SR.
    So if you could let me know if mirth can handle those type of messages it would be very kind.

thanks in advance

Alex

Reoes Mirth 1.7 support DICOM SR

Hi,

I developed with success a DICOM SR interface (or channel) based on a previous SR->XML conversion. This system works with ultrasound equipments from G&E and Toshiba.

DICOM SR has a very complex inner structure and every manufacturer uses its own, but with a little tricks you could recover all info from SR files.

Ricard Bernat

Comment

Any chance of seeing / using / purchasing / whatever your DICOM/SR workup? I'm very interested in developing an ultrasound interface. Thanks for any help or info you can release.

Bill O'Keefe
      Frenel Solutions

Comment

Hi,

of course, I could share my channel with everybody. It's still on test but I could share it next week. Is based on Voluson Expert 730 and E8 from G&E. I'm trying to enhance this channel with Toshiba Xario SR but I'm still on it.

Basically I'm using a tool that convert DICOM SR to XML and later I process this file with Mirth. G&E is following strictly DICOM SR structure, coding in LOINC, SNOMED RT and UCUM this is the reason why I start my work with them.

The output of this channel is a table with all data measurements, side of the measurements and measured structure.

If anyone is interested in please let me know.

Ricard Bernat

Comment

i'm really interested!

Comment

Originally posted by ricber View Post
            Hi,

of course, I could share my channel with everybody. It's still on test but I could share it next week. Is based on Voluson Expert 730 and E8 from G&E. I'm trying to enhance this channel with Toshiba Xario SR but I'm still on it.

Basically I'm using a tool that convert DICOM SR to XML and later I process this file with Mirth. G&E is following strictly DICOM SR structure, coding in LOINC, SNOMED RT and UCUM this is the reason why I start my work with them.

The output of this channel is a table with all data measurements, side of the measurements and measured structure.

If anyone is interested in please let me know.

Ricard Bernat
            Sounds like a good channel. I would like to see it posted. Might I also suggest that you look into contributing it to the Mirth Exchange. http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/mirth-exchange
            Jacob Brauer
            Director, Software Development
            NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Did this ever get posted

Hi, Did the DICOM SR tool ever get posted

Comment

Originally posted by ricber View Post
                Hi,

I developed with success a DICOM SR interface (or channel) based on a previous SR->XML conversion. This system works with ultrasound equipments from G&E and Toshiba.

DICOM SR has a very complex inner structure and every manufacturer uses its own, but with a little tricks you could recover all info from SR files.

Ricard Bernat
                Hi, did you ever shared your DICOM SR channel? i have a similar use and would like to give it a try... thx!

Comment

Working...
                X