Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Inbound Message Template XML-HL7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inbound Message Template XML-HL7

I am new to Mirth and I have a basic question. I am trying to Map an XML file to a HL7 file. When I go to the transformer to paste the XML message, I don't have the option to select XML as the data type on the Inbound Message Template. The drop-down is grayed out and it shows instead HL7 v2.x. How can I map the XML to an HL7 file ? I thought I could just drag and drop the XML fields into the message builder. Also, Is there any sample I can look at ?

Thanks

Re:Inbound Message Template XML-HL7

What you are looking for is on the Channel Summary page. And yes, once you change your protocols and paste in the message templates, you can simply drag and drop between inbound and outbound data. Good luck!
    Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

That's where I am going to. There I click on the channel. Then I click on Edit Transformer. On the Message Templates tab I see HL7v2.x grayed out.

Thanks

Comment

Ok, I got that, I was looking at the wrong screen. This is great! Is there any documentation or screen shot on how to use the MessageBuilder (XML-HL7) ?

Thanks

Comment

I've been evaluating the Mirth 1.7 and here is what I found out with regards to your question:

1. Look on the Summary Page, in the "Incoming Data", if you select XML or HL7, the "Drop Down Selection" you are asking automatically selects the type of the message you are receiving. So you don't need to select from it.

2. After you map your XML variables from the Inbound Message Trees/Template (Sample of your incoming XML message), you need to paste a HL7 message at the Destination Tab's Template, fill-in the segments with the required values then insert the "Mapping Variables" you created from the Source's Transformer into their respective segments.

Here is a sample message you need to paste into the Destination's Tab Template:

Code:
          MSH|^~\&|MIRTH_1.7|DOMAIN|LABTEST||${date.get('yyyyMMddHHmm')}||ADT^A08|${UUID}|P|1.7|||AL|NE|
          EVN|A08|${date.get('yyyyMMddHHmm')}||||
          PID|||${patno}||${family_name}^${first_name}^${middle_name}^^^^||${d_o_b}|${sex}|||${address1}^${address2}^${address3}^^^^||${phone}|${emp_phone}||${marital_status}|${religion}|||||||||||
          PV1||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
          Double-check the message then send it to your clinical application's test environment.

This is the easiest way I found in how can you send HL7 message to any application if your source message is an XML File.
          Al Hada & Taif Armed Forces Hospital
          Taif Region, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Please help me to create an instant message community by adding me to your Yahoo! Messenger. My YM id is: hl7_alex

Comment

XML lost in transformer

Hi,

as per above questions and answers i m also.

not able to select incoming data type from channel summary page.

its xml by default and grayed out.

but i need same as incoming data but the problem i m facing is when i put sample xml template in source inbound message template and after mapping it to HL7 message.

i m not able to get values from incoming data.
            and every time xml template is also lost OR not saved.

need help in this.

thanks

Comment

Working...
            X