Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

ReadFromHL7andPutintoDatabase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReadFromHL7andPutintoDatabase

I need some help. I have downloaded Mirth, set it right, able to connect to database and even write into database(insert, update, delete). However what I really want to write into the database is the informations present in the HL7 file. If I am not mistaking is that one of the uses of Mirth. Since Mirth can already decompose the message(as I have seen on test drive) how do I know what is what. let's say I want to insert the patient date of birth how do I do that.
    Code:
    INSERT into HL7table
    (PatientDateofBirth)
    VALUES[color=#008000][/color]
    (?????????????????)
    I just need a start and I will take it from there. How do I know the variables?

Re:ReadFromHL7andPutintoDatabase

That was just an SQL query badly displayed by the computer.
    I want to know how one know for example the value of name in this HL7 is etc....Just a start

Comment

Check out the 'Getting Started' guide on the wiki.

http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...d=45&Itemid=81

Section 4 (where it talks about creating a transformer on your source for pulling individual elements from the hl7 message into channel variables, and then using those variables in the insert statement of your destination) might be of particular interest.

Good luck!

Comment

After I paste the HL7 Message in the message template, now when i go to trees I don't see any tree like it is shown in the tutorial
        http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...d=45&Itemid=81

Comment

Comment

w

Comment

i am sorry i keep posting the same pic by mistake

Comment

OK I have figured that the tree is just to help one see the fields better. And I am using Mirth 1.7 which doesn't do anyway it doesn't matter. I was able to create some steps to read some fields into my database. However it kinda puts int into the database like this
                <PID.2><PID.2.1>PSGT-217</PID.2.1></PID.2>
                Also there are 2 transformers, one for the source and another for the destination. What does each one serve to??I also see that people write scripts to remove things from their messages. Where am I supposed to do that.Mith has so many hidden parts that its so hard for a begineer.

Comment

Working...
                X