Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Only MSH Segment is appearing in Message Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only MSH Segment is appearing in Message Tree

I'm evaluating Mirth at the moment and trying some test messages. I'm using a database writer to SQL Server

I tried pasting the test message on the Mirth project into the Export Transformer Message Template

http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...id=6&Itemid=43

But I find that only the MSH segment is showing up in the Message Tree (in fact it is a MSH segment with MSH.1 to MSH.244).

Can anyone tell me how to make the parser produce the correct tree. I'm sure it was OK on Friday (today is Monday).

Thanks

Re:Only MSH Segment is appearing in Message Tree

Tried the test message on Mirth 1.7 and it worked fine. The Message Tree shows all the segments.

Comment

It seemed to be alright after I rebooted the machine then created a new channel, but then when I tried to change the template for the channel, it again failed to parse. Even when I create a new channel, the message parsing is failing.

Thanks again

Comment

The problem appears to be happening at random. I pasted the sample message again, tried to edit few fields and the parse tree showed only MSH, but didn't happen when I tried to repeat the steps again.

Comment

Thanks for confirming this. Can any of the developers shed some light on the problem? It seems like a very basic feature to be able to parse an example message reliably.

Comment

The message you are pasting does not have proper line endings. Windows has a habit of converting the line endings to \n or \r\n if you paste instead of opening a proper hl7 file. If you click properties next to the protocol dropdown, you can check the property called "Convert LF to CR". This will fix this issue. This wasn't an option before 1.7, and in upcomfing versions (1.7.1) it will be automatically checked. Keep in mind this property is on both the incoming and outgoing data of every source and destination transformer.
            Jacob Brauer
            Director, Software Development
            NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much for this explanation

Comment

Working...
              X