ERROR-408: Initial segment is not terminated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERROR-408: Initial segment is not terminated

I am receiving this error when I tried to send HL7 message to our Lab test environment:

ERROR-408: MLLP Connector error
    ERROR MESSAGE: NACK sent from receiver: [Application Reject]
    Initial segment is not terminated
    : MSH|^~\&|HUB|HBOC|PWLLINK|PWLLAB|20080310105639|SE CURITY|ACK||P|2.2|||NE|NE
    MSA|CR||Initial segment is not terminated

The message sent is this (Actual message but renamed values):

".MSH|^~\&|HISTOLIS|DOMAIN|||200209111044||ADT^A04 |DOMAIN-000005|P|1.0|||AL|NE|.EVN|A04|200209111044||||.PID |||9999999999||FIRST^MIDDLE^LAST^||99999999|M|||PL ACE^.^PLACE^^^^||0000000|#0000||S|RELIGION|||.PV1| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||..."

What is the initial segment that is said that must be terminated? Source is ok. Data is extracted from an XML file and transformation is ok. This error appears at the Destination's ERROR Tab.
    Al Hada & Taif Armed Forces Hospital
    Taif Region, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Please help me to create an instant message community by adding me to your Yahoo! Messenger. My YM id is: hl7_alex

Re:ERROR-408: Initial segment is not terminated

I found the solution for this.

It only means that the message you are sending into the receiving clinical application is not complete or the message is invalid. The sample message I am sending to the Lab is the message that Lab already receives. Meaning it's already been altered by the LAB application.

You need to point HIS directly to Mirth then send a sample A04 or A08 message, to get the exact HL7 message template that LAB is receiving from HIS.
    Al Hada & Taif Armed Forces Hospital
    Taif Region, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Please help me to create an instant message community by adding me to your Yahoo! Messenger. My YM id is: hl7_alex

Comment

Working...
    X