Having an issue reading in a large HL7 text file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having an issue reading in a large HL7 text file

I hope someone can help. I have a channel reading in an HL7 text file and writting to a database. It works with small text files but does not work with the large one i need to read in. The large file is around 551mb. I have tried it with a 12mb file and it works fine. When you place the large file in the source directory the dashboard says it is reading it and then it shows disconnected after a while. I am not receiving any error messages in events and no messages are processing. After some time Mirth does display an error box and I have to restart the services. I am running Mirth Version 1.7.0.3285 on a windows vista PC with 4GB ram. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You. FMCBreastClinicDataDumpImport.xml (38627 bytes)

Re:Having an issue reading in a large HL7 text fil

tsmith wrote:
    I hope someone can help. I have a channel reading in an HL7 text file and writting to a database. It works with small text files but does not work with the large one i need to read in. The large file is around 551mb. I have tried it with a 12mb file and it works fine. When you place the large file in the source directory the dashboard says it is reading it and then it shows disconnected after a while. I am not receiving any error messages in events and no messages are processing. After some time Mirth does display an error box and I have to restart the services. I am running Mirth Version 1.7.0.3285 on a windows vista PC with 4GB ram. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You. FMCBreastClinicDataDumpImport.xml (38627 bytes)
    How much RAM are you allowing Mirth to use? It would be specified in the conf files or in the java command used to launch Mirth (-Xmx option). I would start with 1GB (1024MB) and work up from there.
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Could you look in your wrapper.log and see if you are getting any heap space errors?
      Jacob Brauer
      Director, Software Development
      NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Yes. I was getting Heap Space Errors. I suspect I am running out of memory reading in the file. I was going to look into the conf file to increase the ammount of memory available but I am not sure which file or setting to modify.

Comment

wrapper.conf

I'm assuming this is a batch file of HL7 messages? Roughly how many messages are in the file? I'll look into seeing if we can split the messages differently in future version in order to avoid memory issues.
          Jacob Brauer
          Director, Software Development
          NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

I have increased the memory to 1775 Max in the Wrapper.conf. Anymore and Mirth will not start. I am again running out of Memory. Is there a way to increas the ammount of memory the Heap can reserve?

Post edited by: tsmith, at: 03/25/2008 13:08 wrapper.txt (3623 bytes)

Post edited by: tsmith, at: 03/25/2008 13:09

Comment

Are you using an array to parse the message at all? I have noticed this can happen when I parse a message using an array, then try to loop through the array.

If you are using an array, try taking the array and loop out of your code and re-processing the message. If that is your problem you can parse the message using a different method.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Is it possible to increase performance by having your source read in each message and send it off to another channel that handles the processing and SQL Insert?
                I'm not sure if that would solve anything or not, but it's a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                X