Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Backup Input File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Input File

I really like this program and for a long time VB programmer this program is killing off 4 or 5 apps I wrote. Lots of potential, I'm even willing to learn some Java Script now.

I have a channel, inputs a file, transforms, saves to destination. I find it hard to believe there is no BACKUP option in the source settings to backup the file before it gets altered and save elsewhere to processed. I have a VB app that does nothing but creates a copy of the HL7 files to a BACKUP directory then copies it to another location for processing. How can I get this done in mirth? Many systems need this in case you need to pull back a DFT or ORM message etc and rerun or review it for whatever reason.

The other part that still gets me (seems to be a unix hang over) is that .hp and .HP are assumed different extensions??? In the source I put *.hp, it wouldn't touch *.HP, how do I get it to do both, it's stupid and should be fixed. What's the secret to see both?
    Mike Caldwell
    Alliance HealthCare - GE VAR
    Rocklin, CA
    Centricity PM/EMR Support - Developer - Network Engineer

Re:Backup Input File

That box takes a pattern, so you could put *.hp | *.HP, or simply * if you want everything in that directory. There might be another way too, such as putting a flag to ignore case, but I'm not sure what the pattern can contain.

In terms of backing up a file, you could simply use the FileUtil to write out the incoming message in the source transformer or in the preprocessor.
    Jacob Brauer
    Director, Software Development
    NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X