Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing HL7 messages from prune files

Good morning,

During the development of our new service and new channel we received messages from a sender to have these messages stored. They were stored in HL7 (as we received them from the sender) in .txt files (one file per day). Now I want to import these messages to our channel and send it to our web service, which update our database and generate an medical report from a specific field contained in the message.

I read in previous posts that the CLI command "importmessages" just imports xml serialized messages to the channel. Additionally, once them imported, I am not sure the channel send them automatically to the destination.

So, basically, I want to use these .txt files (with the HL7 messages) and send them again to to my channel in order to redirect them to the final destination. As when I right-click on the channel and select "Send Message" and a window called "Message" opens and there I can click in "Open Text File" to load my .txt file and click to "Process Message" to send then to my channel. I want to automatized this process in the CLI since I have 51 .txt. file with more then 2k HL7 messages.

Any idea? I would really appreciate that!
    Thank you!

Henrique Amaral

Maybe I'm underthinking this and wanting to oversimplify the process, but why can't you do a file reader connector to read in the file and parse out each message and then send the messages to the appropriate destination?

Comment

Your suggestion works perfectly for my problem. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X