How rollback Mirth connect cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jira

Or better yet, are these issues entered in Jira? If so, please provide the issue numbers and I will track there. If not, can you have them entered?
    Best,

Kirby

Mirth Certified|Epic Bridges Certified|Cloverleaf Level 2 Certified

Appliance Version 3.11.4
    Mirth Connect Version 3.8.0
    Java Version 1.6.0_45-b06
    Java (64 bit) Version 1.6.0_45-b06
    Java 7 (64 bit) Version 1.7.0_151-b15
    Java 8 (64 bit) Version 1.8.0_181-b13
    PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8

Comment

Do you have any idea when this fixes will be in place?
      The most I can say at this point is that some fixes have already been made available in Mirth Appliance updates, some are scheduled for release with Mirth Connect version 3.4.0 (eta early March) and the rest hopefully soon after that.

Or better yet, are these issues entered in Jira?
      Only issues related to the open-source distribution are tracked in the public JIRA project. Since these issues fall under Mirth Appliance and the Mirth Connect commercial plugins (which are not open source) they are not tracked in the public JIRA.

Mirth is not presenting the Cluster VIP address as the source IP.
      Are your destination connectors TCP Senders? If so have you tried entering the cluster VIP address in the "Override Local Binding" option?

Also, is there a particular reason the downstream systems can't accept connections from the individual IP addresses of the cluster? We may be able to suggest some alternate solutions for you.

Thanks again.

Comment

There are multiple reasons why downstream systems are unable to accept connections from multiple IP's, interface is configured to keep the connection open once its established, for security reasons the interface is configured to only accept connections from one IP, once a connection is established the only way to receive a new connection is to restart the interface.

Can you send me more information and what exactly was fixed with advanced clustering and replication?
        Best,

Kirby

Appliance Version 3.11.4
        PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8

Comment

Can you send me more information and what exactly was fixed with advanced clustering and replication?
          The fixes that have been released so far were related to database replication and were included in the Postgres 9.4.5 update for Mirth Appliances. These may address some of the configuration problems users have experienced. You can request a detailed changelog from Mirth Support if you'd like a full list of the changes and improvements.

Additional fixes related to the clustering setup wizard on Mirth Appliances and an issue related to the cluster crashing are tentatively scheduled to be released with Mirth Connect 3.4.0.

There are multiple reasons why downstream systems are unable to accept connections from multiple IP's, interface is configured to keep the connection open once its established, for security reasons the interface is configured to only accept connections from one IP, once a connection is established the only way to receive a new connection is to restart the interface.
          Regarding the outbound VIP binding issue, is your cluster an active/passive (failover) or active/active (load-balanced) cluster?

Also, are you using TCP Senders and if so have you tried using the "Override Local Binding" option?

Comment

We are currently using the active/passive mode. We are not using "Override Local Binding".

Perhaps you can review these support tickets, and let me know if all of these issues that were discovered during our installation have been resolved.

[ 37865 ] Munson - Uninstalling the MC clustering plugin clustering causes loss of channel revisions SUPPORT-3637

[ 36951 ] Munson - Installing & setting up Advanced Clustering
            Best,

Kirby

Appliance Version 3.11.4
            PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8

Comment

Code:
              We are currently using the active/passive mode. We are not using "Override Local Binding".
              If you are using TCP Senders, enter the cluster's VIP into the Override Local Binding setting and this will cause your outbound traffic to come from the cluster VIP.

Code:
              Perhaps you can review these support tickets
              This is a public forum, so I can't discuss support tickets here. I recommend you try setting up a cluster on test boxes. If you run into any issues, contact Mirth Support and please provide as much details as possible about what happened, when it happened and what you steps you did immediately before the problem occurred. This will help us track down the problem more easily.

Comment

If you are using TCP Senders, enter the cluster's VIP into the Override Local Binding setting and this will cause your outbound traffic to come from the cluster VIP.
                We don't have any issues with this with our active/passive cluster. Are you saying that with Advanced Clustering if we make this change to the Override Local Binding setting this will resolve the issue with Mirth sending from the incorrect IP?

If you are talking about setting up Advanced Clustering, we will not be doing that until I am certain that all of the issues are addressed. Unfortunately we wasted countless hours trying to get Advanced Clustering working.

This is a public forum, so I can't discuss support tickets here.
                You can call me or email me directly. My information is in the ticket.

Thanks for you help.
                Best,

Kirby

Appliance Version 3.11.4
                PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8

Comment

Are you saying that with Advanced Clustering if we make this change to the Override Local Binding setting this will resolve the issue with Mirth sending from the incorrect IP?
                  Yes, the Override Local Binding option basically tells the TCP sender to send from the IP that you enter there.

Comment

Has anyone tried using the advanced clustering plugin without an appliance? I am trying to create a clustered pair (master/slave) of two instances of Mirth Connect installed in AWS EC2 since appliances are not officially supported by Mirth Corp.

So far, I have two EC2 instances running in Windows (for simplicity in managing files). Mirth Connect 3.4.2 is installed on each instance, each is connected to a SQL Server backend DB replacing Derby, and this DB is running in Amazon RDS. Each instance works fine on its own.

When the advanced clustering plugin is installed in Extensions and all reboots and cache flushes are complete, login is stuck on "Loading extensions..."

Comment

Figured out my issue. Initially the second instance was pointing to the HA database on initial startup, so it took on the same server id GUID as the primary. Works like a charm now.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X